Whitnall's Dundas on way to state tennis tournament
Panthers send no qualifiers to Madison
Andrew Dundas of Whitnall will be playing in the WIAA Division 1 State Individual Tennis Tournament this weekend in Madison.
Dundas qualified by placing third in a sectional on May 22 at Brookfield Central. He will carry a 23-3 record to Nielsen Stadium.
He will take on Jake Diesler of Mukwonago (13-3) in his first match at 10:30 a.m. today.
If he wins, he has the unenviable task of challenging top seed Felix Corwin of Brookfield East (16-0) at 5:30 p.m. later that day.
Whitnall teammates Shane Murphy and Noah Stemper also played in the sectional. Murphy placed fourth at second singles and concluded the season at 19-7, while Stemper took third place at third singles and finished 20-5.
The Falcons tallied 18 points to tie for third place in the sectional, which was won by Brookfield East (54 points).
Greendale sent all of its entries to a sectional on May 23 at Greenfield but advanced no one to state.
First singles player Brad Guendal lost his first match, while Ryan Kuzmanovic took third place at the second spot, Joe Grabowski third place at the third spot and Matt Bemis third place at the fourth spot.
In doubles, the first team of Brandon Cook and Austin Lasch lost its first match and the other two teams finished fourth and third.
Greendale finished fifth in the sectional with 20 points.
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Whitnall boys basketball team heads to state after beating Whitefish Bay
- Schmidt pitches, hits Brookfield Central to win over Wauwatosa East
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff, Alexopoulos take first places at West Allis Hale Invitational
- Germantown girls track team does the math, claims NSC Relays
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8
- Greenfield football team tips Whitnall in battle of gritty teams
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 7
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26