Fundraisers held for Whitnall powerlifter
T-shirt sale, National Night Out included in effort
Lauren Lent will be the first person to ever represent Whitnall High School in the world powerlifting championships on Aug. 27 at Killeen, Texas.
Lent, who will be a sophomore at Whitnall this fall, will compete in the 125-pound class against the top high school (sub-junior) lifters in the world.
She captured state and national championships earlier this year and qualified for the Sub-Junior World Team by winning her weight class at the Women's National Open Championships in Orlando, Fla.
"We are all thrilled with the honor and the step that the program has taken," Whitnall co-coach R.G. Luckow said.
Lent is raising money to help her with the costs of travel to the competition.
She is selling T-shirts designed by Ideal Logos for $8 each. Anyone interested in purchasing one should contact Liz Lent at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauren Lent at email@example.com.
There will also be a tent at the Hales Corners National Night Out festivities from 5 to 9 p.m. Aug. 6 at Hales Corners Park where pizza and bakery will be sold. The pizza slices and bakery will be donated by powerlifting team parents.
In addition, the following businesses have made donations for Lent: Ideal Logo, Wolf Pools, Gus's Mexican Cantina, Rosati's, Beer Depot, Pro Nail and Everwhite in Menomonee Falls.
Any other businesses wishing to help Lent can contact Liz Lent at the above email address.
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Whitnall boys basketball team heads to state after beating Whitefish Bay
- Schmidt pitches, hits Brookfield Central to win over Wauwatosa East
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff, Alexopoulos take first places at West Allis Hale Invitational
- Germantown girls track team does the math, claims NSC Relays
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8
- Greenfield football team tips Whitnall in battle of gritty teams
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 7
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26