The Whitnall seventh-grade boys basketball team captured its third straight championship in the Wisconsin State Invitational Tournament in March.
The Falcons went unbeaten in the two-day event at La Crosse, topping rival Pewaukee in the championship game.
The third crown was a bit of history for the team, as only one other squad won three straight titles in the annual tournament.
Team members are Tyler Herro, Sean Damro, Will Kegel, Daniel Wolff, Andrew Mallmann, Lucas Merritt, Joey Tilley, Daniel Alexopoulos, Peter Mueller and Nick Sullivan. The coaches are Chris Herro and Zach Mallmann.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jared McGranahan happy to be Whitnall's new football coach
- Whitnall softball team off to perfect start
- Sports Shorts: April 10
- Deep Whitnall softball squad has high hopes for 2014 season
- Sports Shorts: April 3
- Whitnall bounced back after slow start
- Whitnall girls track and field team wins Cedarburg Invite
- Whitnall boys sought consistency
- Whitnall powerlifters extend state title string to six
- Whitnall girls nipped at buzzer by Cudahy