The new athletic stadium at Whitnall High School will have its grand opening on Friday night.
The event will begin with a tailgate party at 4 p.m. and dedication ceremonies will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Whitnall football team (1-1) will meet rival Greenfield (0-2) at 7 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game.
On Saturday, Whitnall youth football teams will use the new field for their league games, and an all-day block party will also be held on the high school grounds.
The new field features seating for more than 2,500, a scoreboard with video capabilities and field turf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Mason's scoring spree leads Slinger past Whitnall
- Sport Shorts: June 12
- Sports Shorts: June 5
- Tosa West baseball team shuts out Tosa East to open new field
- Sport Shorts: May 29
- Whitnall softball team clinches share of Woodland championship
- Whitnall celebrates return to home track for Woodland Outdoor Meet
- Sport Shorts: May 22
- Whitnall track and field teams notch five first places at Hale Invite
- Sports Shorts: May 15