The new athletic stadium at Whitnall High School will have its grand opening on Friday night.
The event will begin with a tailgate party at 4 p.m. and dedication ceremonies will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Whitnall football team (1-1) will meet rival Greenfield (0-2) at 7 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game.
On Saturday, Whitnall youth football teams will use the new field for their league games, and an all-day block party will also be held on the high school grounds.
The new field features seating for more than 2,500, a scoreboard with video capabilities and field turf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SportsShorts: May 16
- Whitnall rallies to top rival Greenfield
- Mentkowski second in dash for Whitnall
- Heller, Jankowski claim Woodland Conference track titles
- OUR TAKE
- Oak Creek boys track and field team use balance to take Southeast Relays title
- SportsShorts: May 9
- Franklin softball team shows heart, rallies to beat Oak Creek
- Behind Thomas, impressive Franklin girls dominate SEC relay meet
- Hurdlers lead Whitnall at Woodland Relays