Franklin - A pedestrian was injured after a driver allegedly struck her with her car during an argument in the parking lot at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., Thanksgiving Day.
According to the Franklin police log:
The victim, a 43-year-old Cudahy woman, told police the accident began as an argument when a driver sped through the parking lot and almost struck her about 9:10 p.m. Nov. 22. When she yelled at the driver to slow down, the driver put her car in reverse and the two began to yell and swear at each other.
The woman stated the driver reached out and punched her in the face during the argument. She then continued to back her vehicle up and deliberately turn it toward her, knocking her to the ground and causing abrasions to her right hand and both knees.
Police questioned the driver, a 35-year-old Milwaukee woman, who said the victim and five other people began pounding on her vehicle. She said the victim stuck her head and hands inside her vehicle while yelling at her, causing her to be fearful for her 9-year-old son, and she admitted punching the woman in the mouth.
Video surveillance shown to police by a Walmart employee did not reveal the altercation or accident. However, two independent witnesses stated they saw the driver speed past the victim, put her car in reverse and stop momentarily, then continue to reverse and knock the pedestrian down.
According to the police log, the investigating officer told the Milwaukee woman she would not be cited for striking the Cudahy woman, but she will be at fault for the accident. Citations are pending the completion of the accident report.
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Crash closes portion of Highway 100 in Hales Corners May 18
- Jetz Mart car theft attempts in Hales Corners prompt police warning
- Hales Corners temporarily limits boat access to Kelly Lake
- Hales Corners police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Help clean up Hales Corners May 14
- Know Your Muslim Neighbors event being held at Hales Corners Library May 14