An alleged drunken driver is facing charges after a passenger in his car was seriously injured during a one-vehicle accident on Rawson Avenue on Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 24-year-old South Milwaukee man was traveling west through the intersection of Rawson and Pennsylvania avenues when he drove onto a median and struck a traffic signal and light pole.
The impact caused the front passenger in his vehicle, a 27-year-old South Milwaukee woman, to be ejected through the car window. She was on the ground outside the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived on the scene.
When police asked the driver what happened, he stated the sun was in his eyes and he got scared and turned the steering wheel of the car, causing the accident.
The man was taken to St. Luke's Hospital to be evaluated for a possible concussion.
He was arrested on a state charge of injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle and cited for failure to keep his car under control. The injured woman was cited for a seatbelt violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- New, accessible features at Boerner Botanical Gardens open July 28
- Coordinated care makes Hales Corners girl's difficult live more liveable
- Hales Corners police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Redevelopment talks continue on former Hales Corners Kmart site
- Hales Corners police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary named 'School of Merit'
- Floats needed for Hales Corners' July Fourth parade
- Hwy 100 reconstruction in Hales Corners moves forward
- Hales Corners police report: June 11, 2015 issue