Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election
Announcement comes as filing period begins for April elections
Hales Corners — As the filing period begins for local city and school April elections, one new face in the Whitnall School District is assured with an incumbent's decision not to run again.
Three-term School Board member T.J. Anderson said he won't seek re-election, mainly because he now feels out of step.
"They want to take the district in a different direction," Anderson said.
He declined to be more specific, although one thing he said nettled him was the majority of the board voting not to apply extra money from the state this fall to property tax relief.
"Our School Board decided to keep it rather than sending it on to the taxpayers," Anderson said. "I've always spoken from the taxpayer perspective."
School Board President Bernard Shaw is also up for re-election. He is in his second term and said he hasn't decided whether to seek a third term.
Nancy Zaborski's term also will expire in April. She could not be reached as of press deadline to comment on her intentions.
The filing deadline for all candidates is 5 p.m. Jan. 7. Whitnall School Board candidates will file at the district office, 5000 S. 116th St., Greenfield.
Incumbents have until Dec. 27 to file notifications that they don't intend to seek re-election.
The spring election will be April 1 and a primary, if needed, would be Feb. 18.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Updated: Hales Corners pool stays afloat in county budget
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Sports bar, grill to replace China Inn in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Amendments pass that would keep wading pool open, continue UW-Extension contract and repair Hales Co
- Amendments may curtail proposed closing of Hales Corners wading pool and elimination of UW-Extension
- Sports bar and grill to replace China Inn in Hales Corners
- Unofficial Hales Corners general election results
- Woman's effort encourages more watchful eyes for crime in Hales Corners