Upcoming fundraisers will raise money for Hales Corners Park pavilion
Alyson Dudek will appear at May 8 fundraiser
Hales Corners — Upcoming Green Bay Packer and Milwaukee Brewers-themed fundraisers will aim to dig into the remaining $60,000 needed to afford Hales Corners Park's pavilion, a project slated for construction July 4.
An NFL Green Bay Packers draft will take place at the Hales Corners Pool House, 116th Street and New Berlin Road, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 8, with a special appearance by Alyson Dudek, Olympic speedskater and Hales Corners-native. The event is presented by Friends of Hales Corners Park & Pool.
The draft is free and family-friendly. No alcohol will be served. More than 100 people attended last year's draft, said Mike Seavert, event organizer and Whitnall Middle School teacher.
There will be an NFL Network and ESPN feed of the draft at the pool, as well as Wi-Fi. All proceeds from concessions and raffle prizes will go toward pavilion costs. There will also be a live performance by Red 22, a band by Whitnall High School students.
Raffle prizes include gift certificates to restaurants, gift baskets from local businesses, Summerfest vouchers, family passes for Boerner Botanical Gardens, Milwaukee Admirals tickets and more.
On July 4, all five of the Brewers racing sausages will appear for the "Red, White and Crew" Brewers game fundraiser at the pool house at 6 p.m. This fundraiser is also presented by Friends of Hales Corners Park & Pool. Attendees are welcome to watch the Brewers face the Cincinnati Reds while purchasing food and beverages and prizes.
Once constructed, the new pavilion will be equal distance from Hales Corners Pool and the kiddie pool, said Donald Schwartz, president of Friends of Hales Corners Park & Pool.
- HCFD raises around $5,000 to donate to Operation Finally Home
- Hales Corners police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- New Hales Corners administrator prefers 'personal touch'
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"