The passenger-side front door of an unmarked Franklin squad car was struck by a pellet gun while the officer was driving southbound in the 9000 block of South 27th Street shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday.
The shot came from the woods just south of the Knotty Pine Motel at 9063 S. 27th St., according to the Franklin police report. The area was checked with a K9 Unit, but no suspects or evidence was found.
Damage to the squad is estimated at $250.
Franklin police have logged four other complaints of BB shots in this area. Anyone with information about these crimes is urged to call the Franklin Police Department at (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Update: Tanker truck crash in Hales Corners, Highway 100 closed
- Public hearing for new TIF district
- Hales Corners police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- West Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project plan moves forward
- Tax rate could increase in Hales Corners with the drop in assessed value
- Robots and drones at Hales Corners Library
- Hales Corners police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Tax rate increase in Hales Corners after assessed value drops (1)
- 'Voracious' beetle now threatens Hales Corners' ash trees