Officers responding to the scene of a drunken driving accident arrested a second drunken driver who attempted to drive around the scene during the early morning hours Sunday.
According to Oak Creek police:
A 29-year-old Oak Creek man was speeding when he plowed into the rear end of a vehicle driving at the posted speed limit in the 1500 block of West Puetz Road shortly before 1:30 a.m. Nov. 4.
Both vehicles left the roadway and were totaled in the accident, but no injuries were reported. The Oak Creek Fire Department was called to the scene due to a large amount of smoke coming from the engine compartment of one of the vehicles.
The 29-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, and was cited for unreasonable and imprudent speed. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
Approximately 20 minutes after police arrived, a car attempting to drive around the scene of the accident nearly struck a police squad that was parked in the road to block traffic.
The driver of the vehicle, a 33-year-old Oak Creek woman, was pulled over and arrested for drunken driving after a breath test revealed her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
- Sola Salons holding grand opening May 9 in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Rooftop patio added to proposed expansion of the Bosch
- Pen and ink drawings going on display in May at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Festival Foods reveals detailed plans for former Kmart site on Highway 100 in Hales Corners (4)
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- Hales Corners police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce holding annual banquet April 28
- Bosch gets ready to make its move (4)