Officers responding to the scene of a drunken driving accident arrested a second drunken driver who attempted to drive around the scene during the early morning hours Sunday.
According to Oak Creek police:
A 29-year-old Oak Creek man was speeding when he plowed into the rear end of a vehicle driving at the posted speed limit in the 1500 block of West Puetz Road shortly before 1:30 a.m. Nov. 4.
Both vehicles left the roadway and were totaled in the accident, but no injuries were reported. The Oak Creek Fire Department was called to the scene due to a large amount of smoke coming from the engine compartment of one of the vehicles.
The 29-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, and was cited for unreasonable and imprudent speed. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
Approximately 20 minutes after police arrived, a car attempting to drive around the scene of the accident nearly struck a police squad that was parked in the road to block traffic.
The driver of the vehicle, a 33-year-old Oak Creek woman, was pulled over and arrested for drunken driving after a breath test revealed her blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: 'Bug Whisperer' inspires curiosity, respect for otherwise 'misunderstood' insects
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Scurry over to Wehr Nature Center on Sunday for bug day
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners