Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved