Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate
- Board approves funding of Hales Corners Park Pavilion and Pool repair
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary students receive surprise care package from Army pen pals
- Lawn Poolice 'entre-manure' starts dog waste removal business
- Updated: Hales Corners pool stays afloat in county budget
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Sports bar, grill to replace China Inn in Hales Corners