Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
- New Berlin Road redesignated Veteran's Memorial Way in Hales Corners
- Cabernet at Cabin has historical, but modern, purpose in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Friends of Hales Corners Park and Pool Road Rally fundraiser being held June 4
- Hales Corners Youth Music Theatre presenting The Sound of Music
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Crash closes portion of Highway 100 in Hales Corners May 18