Republican and Franklin Alderman Ken Skowronski will meet Democrat and Greendale Village President John Hermes in a race to represent Wisconsin's 82nd District.
Skowronski won Tuesday's Republican primary, beating Greendale attorney Stephanie Mares, who claimed the second highest number of votes. Franklin attorney Steven Becker and Franklin resident Sharie Hanneman, co-founder of Citizens for a Safe Wisconsin also were defeated.
Franklin followed the districtwide trend, with Skowronski winning the most votes: 1,140. Mares took 534 votes in Franklin.
Greendale voters supported their hometown candidate, casting 749 votes for Mares vs. 486 for Skowronski.
In Greenfield, District 82 voters cast 218 votes for Skowronski and 154 for Mares.
The election will be Dec. 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved