Republican and Franklin Alderman Ken Skowronski will meet Democrat and Greendale Village President John Hermes in a race to represent Wisconsin's 82nd District.
Skowronski won Tuesday's Republican primary, beating Greendale attorney Stephanie Mares, who claimed the second highest number of votes. Franklin attorney Steven Becker and Franklin resident Sharie Hanneman, co-founder of Citizens for a Safe Wisconsin also were defeated.
Franklin followed the districtwide trend, with Skowronski winning the most votes: 1,140. Mares took 534 votes in Franklin.
Greendale voters supported their hometown candidate, casting 749 votes for Mares vs. 486 for Skowronski.
In Greenfield, District 82 voters cast 218 votes for Skowronski and 154 for Mares.
The election will be Dec. 17.
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Crash closes portion of Highway 100 in Hales Corners May 18
- Jetz Mart car theft attempts in Hales Corners prompt police warning
- Hales Corners temporarily limits boat access to Kelly Lake
- Hales Corners police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Help clean up Hales Corners May 14
- Know Your Muslim Neighbors event being held at Hales Corners Library May 14