Republican and Franklin Alderman Ken Skowronski will meet Democrat and Greendale Village President John Hermes in a race to represent Wisconsin's 82nd District.
Skowronski won Tuesday's Republican primary, beating Greendale attorney Stephanie Mares, who claimed the second highest number of votes. Franklin attorney Steven Becker and Franklin resident Sharie Hanneman, co-founder of Citizens for a Safe Wisconsin also were defeated.
Franklin followed the districtwide trend, with Skowronski winning the most votes: 1,140. Mares took 534 votes in Franklin.
Greendale voters supported their hometown candidate, casting 749 votes for Mares vs. 486 for Skowronski.
In Greenfield, District 82 voters cast 218 votes for Skowronski and 154 for Mares.
The election will be Dec. 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Boerner Botanical Garden blooms with brides in summer
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 10, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue
- Electrical wires create glass-like mass after storm
- Hales Corners students gain appreciation for older generation with pen-pal program
- Children create replica of Hales Corners village out of LEGOs
- Hales Corners Police Report: June 26, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: June 19, 2014