Republican and Franklin Alderman Ken Skowronski will meet Democrat and Greendale Village President John Hermes in a race to represent Wisconsin's 82nd District.
Skowronski won Tuesday's Republican primary, beating Greendale attorney Stephanie Mares, who claimed the second highest number of votes. Franklin attorney Steven Becker and Franklin resident Sharie Hanneman, co-founder of Citizens for a Safe Wisconsin also were defeated.
Franklin followed the districtwide trend, with Skowronski winning the most votes: 1,140. Mares took 534 votes in Franklin.
Greendale voters supported their hometown candidate, casting 749 votes for Mares vs. 486 for Skowronski.
In Greenfield, District 82 voters cast 218 votes for Skowronski and 154 for Mares.
The election will be Dec. 17.
- Hales Corners police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Rooftop patio added to proposed expansion of the Bosch
- Pen and ink drawings going on display in May at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Festival Foods reveals detailed plans for former Kmart site on Highway 100 in Hales Corners (4)
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- Hales Corners police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce holding annual banquet April 28
- Bosch gets ready to make its move (4)
- Hales Corners deputy fire chief nominated for award
- Hales Corners police report: April 14, 2016 issue