Officers investigating a shoplifting incident Aug. 29 discovered evidence that the suspect might also be involved in a recent burglary in New Berlin.
According to the Hales Corners police report:
An employee at Pick 'n Save, 5800 S. 108th St., called police at 3:45 p.m. after an unidentified man shoplifted a bottle of vodka and ran from the store. Although police were unable to find the man, they did find his vehicle in the parking lot.
During a search of his vehicle, officers found drug paraphernalia and several items stolen during a burglary in New Berlin.
Police are seeking the owner of the vehicle, a 21-year-old New Berlin man, in connection with the shoplifting incident and for questioning about the burglary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Video: 'Bug Whisperer' inspires curiosity, respect for otherwise 'misunderstood' insects
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Scurry over to Wehr Nature Center on Sunday for bug day
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative