Officers investigating a shoplifting incident Aug. 29 discovered evidence that the suspect might also be involved in a recent burglary in New Berlin.
According to the Hales Corners police report:
An employee at Pick 'n Save, 5800 S. 108th St., called police at 3:45 p.m. after an unidentified man shoplifted a bottle of vodka and ran from the store. Although police were unable to find the man, they did find his vehicle in the parking lot.
During a search of his vehicle, officers found drug paraphernalia and several items stolen during a burglary in New Berlin.
Police are seeking the owner of the vehicle, a 21-year-old New Berlin man, in connection with the shoplifting incident and for questioning about the burglary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners vies for fruity trees through Victory Garden Initiative
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods looks to build at old Kmart location along Highway 100 (11)
- Hales Corners raises alcohol license quota a second time (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Village officials hope to change road name in 2016