Officers investigating a shoplifting incident Aug. 29 discovered evidence that the suspect might also be involved in a recent burglary in New Berlin.
According to the Hales Corners police report:
An employee at Pick 'n Save, 5800 S. 108th St., called police at 3:45 p.m. after an unidentified man shoplifted a bottle of vodka and ran from the store. Although police were unable to find the man, they did find his vehicle in the parking lot.
During a search of his vehicle, officers found drug paraphernalia and several items stolen during a burglary in New Berlin.
Police are seeking the owner of the vehicle, a 21-year-old New Berlin man, in connection with the shoplifting incident and for questioning about the burglary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Wheelchair basketball team heading to Nationals
- Hales Corners police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Eagle scout candidate improves Hales Corners pool house lockers, benches
- Taxpayer federation to fight against $22 million Whitnall referendum
- Hales Corners police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Temporary ice rink in Hales Corners will close after this weekend
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- Hales Corners police report: March 5, 2015 issue