Jessie Rodriguez of Franklin will replace retiring state Rep. Mark Honadel in representing District 21, having garnered 56 percent of the vote and beating Elizabeth Coppola of South Milwaukee.
Locally, voters followed the district trend. Rodriguez won the majority in Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and Franklin.
In Oak Creek, district voters cast 2,621 ballots for Rodriguez and 1,727 for Coppola.
In South Milwaukee, Rodriguez claimed 1,753 votes and Coppola 1,711.
In Franklin, Rodriguez won 172 votes compared to Coppola's 82.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers Wednesday, after press deadline.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends group plans for sand volleyball court at Hales Corners park
- Hales Corners police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Free concerts offered all summer at Boerner in Hales Corners
- Noah Weckwirth: Milwaukee Road making a stop at Elm Grove library
- Two Village of Hales Corners police officers promoted
- Hales Corners police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Winter's not through with us yet
- Hales Corners looks at developing former Kmart site
- CMH featured in list of Top Health Systems
- Hales Corners police report: May 7, 2015 issue