Jessie Rodriguez of Franklin will replace retiring state Rep. Mark Honadel in representing District 21, having garnered 56 percent of the vote and beating Elizabeth Coppola of South Milwaukee.
Locally, voters followed the district trend. Rodriguez won the majority in Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and Franklin.
In Oak Creek, district voters cast 2,621 ballots for Rodriguez and 1,727 for Coppola.
In South Milwaukee, Rodriguez claimed 1,753 votes and Coppola 1,711.
In Franklin, Rodriguez won 172 votes compared to Coppola's 82.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers Wednesday, after press deadline.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners will observe trick or treat times on Oct. 31
- Aligned Modern Wellness's One Year Anniversary on Oct. 2
- Modern Woodmen to host happy hour fundraiser on Oct. 1
- Sandra's on the Park puts a modern twist on supper clubs (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce Social on Sept. 29
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners enjoys the buzz about being a Bee City
- Bonsai Society branches out to the public in Hales Corners and beyond
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 17, 2015 issue