Jessie Rodriguez of Franklin will replace retiring state Rep. Mark Honadel in representing District 21, having garnered 56 percent of the vote and beating Elizabeth Coppola of South Milwaukee.
Locally, voters followed the district trend. Rodriguez won the majority in Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and Franklin.
In Oak Creek, district voters cast 2,621 ballots for Rodriguez and 1,727 for Coppola.
In South Milwaukee, Rodriguez claimed 1,753 votes and Coppola 1,711.
In Franklin, Rodriguez won 172 votes compared to Coppola's 82.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers Wednesday, after press deadline.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man arrested for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- New path enhances a walk through Boerner's gardens in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Village Board requests Hales Corners Wading Pool remains open in 2015
- Ritzman Appliance has found its highway to 'heaven' in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Man charged for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners wades deeper into county's politics on pool budget (1)
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue