Jessie Rodriguez of Franklin will replace retiring state Rep. Mark Honadel in representing District 21, having garnered 56 percent of the vote and beating Elizabeth Coppola of South Milwaukee.
Locally, voters followed the district trend. Rodriguez won the majority in Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and Franklin.
In Oak Creek, district voters cast 2,621 ballots for Rodriguez and 1,727 for Coppola.
In South Milwaukee, Rodriguez claimed 1,753 votes and Coppola 1,711.
In Franklin, Rodriguez won 172 votes compared to Coppola's 82.
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers Wednesday, after press deadline.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- New fixes, expanded collection slated for Hales Corners Public Library
- Pawn shop ordinance would help Hales Corners Police Department identify sale of stolen goods
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Select Hales Corners Library services on hold during carpet project
- Tailgate 'n skate with Santa in Hales Corners
- English language learners and special education students thrive in one mixed Whitnall classroom
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate