A woman said her son threatened her, but police determined what really happened was he wouldn't buy items for her and she became angry and called 911.
According to the Hales Corners police report:
A resident in the 10100 block of West Forest Home Avenue called 911 to report her son was trying to kill her and then threatened to kill himself at about 6:15 p.m. May 11.
The responding officers determined no such threats were made and that the woman misrepresented the story to police.
The woman's son said that his mother became angry and started yelling at him because he wouldn't buy cigarettes for her.
She received a verbal warning about the misuse of 911.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man arrested for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- New path enhances a walk through Boerner's gardens in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Village Board requests Hales Corners Wading Pool remains open in 2015
- Ritzman Appliance has found its highway to 'heaven' in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Man charged for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners wades deeper into county's politics on pool budget (1)
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Park pavilion and ice rink gains ground with county approval