A woman said her son threatened her, but police determined what really happened was he wouldn't buy items for her and she became angry and called 911.
According to the Hales Corners police report:
A resident in the 10100 block of West Forest Home Avenue called 911 to report her son was trying to kill her and then threatened to kill himself at about 6:15 p.m. May 11.
The responding officers determined no such threats were made and that the woman misrepresented the story to police.
The woman's son said that his mother became angry and started yelling at him because he wouldn't buy cigarettes for her.
She received a verbal warning about the misuse of 911.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- New, accessible features at Boerner Botanical Gardens open July 28
- Coordinated care makes Hales Corners girl's difficult life more liveable
- Hales Corners police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Redevelopment talks continue on former Hales Corners Kmart site
- Hales Corners police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary named 'School of Merit'
- Floats needed for Hales Corners' July Fourth parade
- Hwy 100 reconstruction in Hales Corners moves forward
- Hales Corners police report: June 11, 2015 issue