A woman said her son threatened her, but police determined what really happened was he wouldn't buy items for her and she became angry and called 911.
According to the Hales Corners police report:
A resident in the 10100 block of West Forest Home Avenue called 911 to report her son was trying to kill her and then threatened to kill himself at about 6:15 p.m. May 11.
The responding officers determined no such threats were made and that the woman misrepresented the story to police.
The woman's son said that his mother became angry and started yelling at him because he wouldn't buy cigarettes for her.
She received a verbal warning about the misuse of 911.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Wheelchair basketball team heading to Nationals
- Hales Corners police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Eagle scout candidate improves Hales Corners pool house lockers, benches
- Taxpayer federation to fight against $22 million Whitnall referendum
- Hales Corners police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Temporary ice rink in Hales Corners will close after this weekend
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- Hales Corners police report: March 5, 2015 issue