A woman said her son threatened her, but police determined what really happened was he wouldn't buy items for her and she became angry and called 911.
According to the Hales Corners police report:
A resident in the 10100 block of West Forest Home Avenue called 911 to report her son was trying to kill her and then threatened to kill himself at about 6:15 p.m. May 11.
The responding officers determined no such threats were made and that the woman misrepresented the story to police.
The woman's son said that his mother became angry and started yelling at him because he wouldn't buy cigarettes for her.
She received a verbal warning about the misuse of 911.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate
- Board approves funding of Hales Corners Park Pavilion and Pool repair
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary students receive surprise care package from Army pen pals
- Lawn Poolice 'entre-manure' starts dog waste removal business
- Updated: Hales Corners pool stays afloat in county budget
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Sports bar, grill to replace China Inn in Hales Corners