A 76-year-old Muskego man was issued a citation for disorderly conduct after he exited his vehicle to instruct the driver of a car he had just rear-ended about the "rules of the road."
According to the Hales Corners police report:
At approximately 9:40 a.m. Jan. 16, a 37-year-old Muskego woman was exiting the Sherper's parking lot on Highway 100 near West Scharles Avenue when the driver of the vehicle behind her started honking his horn and yelling at her. When she started to make her left turn onto Highway 100, she stated the other driver continued to sound his horn so she stopped her car. In doing so, her car was struck from behind by the other vehicle.
The woman told police the driver of the other vehicle then exited his car, approached her driver's side door and continued to yell at her about "the way she drives" before he got back into his vehicle, put it in reverse and fled north through the parking lot.
Police located the car on South 92nd Street and West Cold Spring Road and conducted a traffic stop. The driver stated he feared for his safety and was on his way to the police station to report the incident.
In his statement to police, the man admitted he was very upset because the woman failed to use her turn signal when exiting the parking lot, and he also admitted he exited his vehicle and approached the other driver because he was angry and was going to instruct her about the rules of the road. He stated the other vehicle stopped, he was too close, and he could not stop in time and bumped into her.
He was issued a citation for disorderly conduct for his behavior during the incident and a citation for following too closely. The driver did not argue with the citations and paid them both once released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Update: Tanker truck crash in Hales Corners, Highway 100 closed
- Public hearing for new TIF district
- Hales Corners police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- West Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project plan moves forward
- Tax rate could increase in Hales Corners with the drop in assessed value
- Robots and drones at Hales Corners Library
- Hales Corners police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Tax rate increase in Hales Corners after assessed value drops (1)
- 'Voracious' beetle now threatens Hales Corners' ash trees