A 76-year-old Muskego man was issued a citation for disorderly conduct after he exited his vehicle to instruct the driver of a car he had just rear-ended about the "rules of the road."
According to the Hales Corners police report:
At approximately 9:40 a.m. Jan. 16, a 37-year-old Muskego woman was exiting the Sherper's parking lot on Highway 100 near West Scharles Avenue when the driver of the vehicle behind her started honking his horn and yelling at her. When she started to make her left turn onto Highway 100, she stated the other driver continued to sound his horn so she stopped her car. In doing so, her car was struck from behind by the other vehicle.
The woman told police the driver of the other vehicle then exited his car, approached her driver's side door and continued to yell at her about "the way she drives" before he got back into his vehicle, put it in reverse and fled north through the parking lot.
Police located the car on South 92nd Street and West Cold Spring Road and conducted a traffic stop. The driver stated he feared for his safety and was on his way to the police station to report the incident.
In his statement to police, the man admitted he was very upset because the woman failed to use her turn signal when exiting the parking lot, and he also admitted he exited his vehicle and approached the other driver because he was angry and was going to instruct her about the rules of the road. He stated the other vehicle stopped, he was too close, and he could not stop in time and bumped into her.
He was issued a citation for disorderly conduct for his behavior during the incident and a citation for following too closely. The driver did not argue with the citations and paid them both once released.
- HCFD raises around $5,000 to donate to Operation Finally Home
- Hales Corners police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- New Hales Corners administrator prefers 'personal touch'
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"