Kmart employees who arrived early to open the store at 5600 S. 108th St. in Hales Corners last week found something quite unexpected: A woman with a cart full of merchandise who claimed to have been locked in the store overnight.
According to a police report, Kmart employees found the suspect, a 37-year-old Oak Creek woman, when they opened the store at 4:45 a.m. Dec. 15.
The suspect had a shopping cart full of clothing, cosmetics, handbags and other items, valued at $516.
Price tags were removed from some of the items, and some packaged items were opened.
The woman was also wearing brand new clothes taken from the store.
When questioned, the woman seemed confused about where she was and what she was doing with the items.
She was cited for retail theft and trespassing.
- Sue Haislmaier's watercolor paintings on display at botanical gardens
- Traveling Beer Gardens coming to Hales Corners Park
- Youth soccer program at Hales Corners Library July 28
- Children's musician Duke Otherwise to perform at Hales Corners Library
- Emmanuel Church will hold car show at Augustfest event
- Hales Corners police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Board moves Hwy 100 corridor project, Festival Foods forward
- Innovative Health & Fitness raises record amount for GAB
- Animals to visit Hales Corners Library for "Ms. Kim's Amazing Animals"
- Free cartoon drawing class at Hales Corners Library