Franklin police are investigating the theft of six street signs between Sept. 5 and Sept. 12.
According to police reports:
The following street signs were reported stolen by the Department of Public Works:
a "Duck Crossing" sign in the 8900 block of West Drexel Avenue
a "Deer Crossing" sign in the 3600 block of West Puetz Road
a "Fire Station" sign at 60th Street and Franklin Drive
a "Road May Flood" sign in the 6500 block of West Oakwood Road
a "Stop Ahead" sign in the 9500 block of South Oakwood Park Drive
a "Stop" sign at 112th Street and Oakwood Road
The signs are valued at $60 each.
The Department of Public Works also reported that a 16-inch sewer grate was stolen from Jack Workman Park, and two cast iron streetlight electrical box covers were stolen in the 5300 block of West Rawson Avenue. The grate and cast iron covers are valued at $50 each.
Police ask anyone with information about the thefts to call the Franklin Police Department at (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Library seeking donations for new Lego Club
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 3, 2015 issue
- Plans for Alyson Dudek ice skating center move forward with donation
- Hales Corners adopts tight 2016 budget of $8.15 million
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce to host social on Nov. 24
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners 2016 proposed budget sees 'nominal increase'
- Legacy Spa & Salon to host networking event on Nov. 7 in Hales Corners
- Homeless sex offender may be in Hales Corners area