Franklin police are investigating the theft of six street signs between Sept. 5 and Sept. 12.
According to police reports:
The following street signs were reported stolen by the Department of Public Works:
a "Duck Crossing" sign in the 8900 block of West Drexel Avenue
a "Deer Crossing" sign in the 3600 block of West Puetz Road
a "Fire Station" sign at 60th Street and Franklin Drive
a "Road May Flood" sign in the 6500 block of West Oakwood Road
a "Stop Ahead" sign in the 9500 block of South Oakwood Park Drive
a "Stop" sign at 112th Street and Oakwood Road
The signs are valued at $60 each.
The Department of Public Works also reported that a 16-inch sewer grate was stolen from Jack Workman Park, and two cast iron streetlight electrical box covers were stolen in the 5300 block of West Rawson Avenue. The grate and cast iron covers are valued at $50 each.
Police ask anyone with information about the thefts to call the Franklin Police Department at (414) 425-2522.
- HCFD raises around $5,000 to donate to Operation Finally Home
- Hales Corners police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- New Hales Corners administrator prefers 'personal touch'
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"