Franklin police are investigating the theft of six street signs between Sept. 5 and Sept. 12.
According to police reports:
The following street signs were reported stolen by the Department of Public Works:
a "Duck Crossing" sign in the 8900 block of West Drexel Avenue
a "Deer Crossing" sign in the 3600 block of West Puetz Road
a "Fire Station" sign at 60th Street and Franklin Drive
a "Road May Flood" sign in the 6500 block of West Oakwood Road
a "Stop Ahead" sign in the 9500 block of South Oakwood Park Drive
a "Stop" sign at 112th Street and Oakwood Road
The signs are valued at $60 each.
The Department of Public Works also reported that a 16-inch sewer grate was stolen from Jack Workman Park, and two cast iron streetlight electrical box covers were stolen in the 5300 block of West Rawson Avenue. The grate and cast iron covers are valued at $50 each.
Police ask anyone with information about the thefts to call the Franklin Police Department at (414) 425-2522.
- Sue Haislmaier's watercolor paintings on display at botanical gardens
- Traveling Beer Gardens coming to Hales Corners Park
- Youth soccer program at Hales Corners Library July 28
- Children's musician Duke Otherwise to perform at Hales Corners Library
- Emmanuel Church will hold car show at Augustfest event
- Hales Corners police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Board moves Hwy 100 corridor project, Festival Foods forward
- Innovative Health & Fitness raises record amount for GAB
- Animals to visit Hales Corners Library for "Ms. Kim's Amazing Animals"
- Free cartoon drawing class at Hales Corners Library