The Oak Creek Plan Commission last night recommended that the Common Council purchase 30 acres of lakefront land from Wispark LLC.
The council is expected to take up the acquisition April 2.
The panel unanimously agreed to recommend that the property, 9006 S. 5th Ave., be purchased from We Energies' real estate development arm for use as a public park. A purchase price was not disclosed.
That is in keeping with the city's lakefront development plan, which the commission adopted in January and which commits land for public use. Land to the west of the parcel is owned by Wispark and would ideally be home to a corporate owner, said Doug Seymour, director of community development.
"This is a strategic acquisition more than anything else," said Alderman Daniel Bukiewicz, a commission member. "This really plays into the master plan down there."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alyson Dudek of Hales Corners will compete on 'The Amazing Race' with boyfriend
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha
- Owners are reportedly closing Mia Famiglia in Hales Corners to a open new restaurant in Waukesha
- Alyson Dudek of Hales Corners will compete on "The Amazing Race" with boyfriend
- New Baptist church to use Hales Corners Village Hall for weekly service
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- Village of Hales Corners may eliminate retired health benefits for new hires
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue