The Oak Creek Plan Commission last night recommended that the Common Council purchase 30 acres of lakefront land from Wispark LLC.
The council is expected to take up the acquisition April 2.
The panel unanimously agreed to recommend that the property, 9006 S. 5th Ave., be purchased from We Energies' real estate development arm for use as a public park. A purchase price was not disclosed.
That is in keeping with the city's lakefront development plan, which the commission adopted in January and which commits land for public use. Land to the west of the parcel is owned by Wispark and would ideally be home to a corporate owner, said Doug Seymour, director of community development.
"This is a strategic acquisition more than anything else," said Alderman Daniel Bukiewicz, a commission member. "This really plays into the master plan down there."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For what it's worth, antique author offers antique insights in advance of Hales Corners visit
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- 'Spite Fences' author to visit Whitnall Middle School students
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Boerner Botanical Gardens to host winter bird arboretum walk
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 12, 2015, issue
- Whitnall School District earns subsidy to pay for global exam
- Hales Corners adopts new radio system that offers 'peace of mind'
- Historical Society debuts newest Hales Corners history book