Police are investigating a phone call to an Oak Creek woman by someone who stated he was a detective with the Oak Creek Police Department.
According to the police:
A 25-year-old Oak Creek woman reported she was driving home from a movie when she received a call on her cellphone from an unknown number. The unidentified caller stated he was a detective from the Oak Creek Police Department and asked her what kind of car she drove. When the woman questioned the suspect about his identity, he stated he would send an officer to her house if she gave him her address.
The woman did not give the caller any information before hanging up, and told officers she did not recognize the voice or the number. She also stated she called the number back but no one answered. Officers are following up on the cell number.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Door still open' for Franklin-based firm and vacant Hales Corners Kmart
- Hales Corners Historical Society will have a special program about cemetery tombstones Oct. 7
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Hales Corners will observe trick or treat times on Oct. 31
- Aligned Modern Wellness's One Year Anniversary on Oct. 2
- Modern Woodmen to host happy hour fundraiser on Oct. 1
- Sandra's on the Park puts a modern twist on supper clubs (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce Social on Sept. 29