Oak Creek - Police are seeking the person who shattered the rear windows of at least six vehicles and damaged two apartment windows with a BB gun Jan. 9 and 10.
According to Oak Creek police reports:
Dispatch received the first report about 9:10 p.m. Jan. 9, when a resident of the 400 block of East Centennial Drive stated someone had just shot a BB through her apartment window, causing about $200 in damage to the screen and outer window.
On Jan. 10, a resident of the 9100 block of South Fifth Avenue reported someone had shot a BB through her apartment window, and her rear car window also had been damaged by a BB, between 9 p.m. Jan. 9 and 9:15 a.m. Jan. 10. Damage to her home and car is estimated at $500.
Also Jan. 10, a resident of the 9600 block of South Veronica Drive reported the back windows of two vehicles had been shattered by a BB gun between 2:30 and 3 a.m. Jan. 10. Damage to both vehicles is estimated at $700.
On Jan. 11, police dispatch received two more calls from residents, one in the 8900 block of South Ridge Croft Drive and one in the 3300 block of Carrollton Drive, who reported the back windows of their cars had been shattered by a BB gun during the early morning hours of Jan. 10. Damage to both vehicles is estimated at more than $500.
Two more vehicles might also have been vandalized by someone using a BB gun. A resident in the 8900 block of South Wood Creek Drive called police Jan. 10 to report the back window of two vehicles parked in their driveway were broken out between 4:30 p.m. Jan. 9 and 8 a.m. Jan. 10. However, it was unknown how the damage occurred.
If you have any information about these incidents, call the Oak Creek Police Department at (414) 762-8200.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For what it's worth, antique author offers antique insights in advance of Hales Corners visit
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- 'Spite Fences' author to visit Whitnall Middle School students
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Boerner Botanical Gardens to host winter bird arboretum walk
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 12, 2015, issue
- Whitnall School District earns subsidy to pay for global exam
- Hales Corners adopts new radio system that offers 'peace of mind'
- Historical Society debuts newest Hales Corners history book