The city of Oak Creek lifted its open burning ban today.
Recommendations and regulations still apply for people who wish to conduct controlled burning within the city, a city notice states.
Controlled burning permits can be requested through the Oak Creek Dispatch Center by calling (414) 762-8200, Option 0.
Those who adhere to the recommended burning guidelines may be allowed to burn in outdoor fireplaces, fire pits and burn barrels.
However, the Fire and/or Police departments retain the right to investigate any type of outdoor burning. If a nuisance call is received, and is directly related to the burn, all fires will be required to be completely extinguished.
Sparklers, caps and "snakes" are the only legal fireworks in Oak Creek, and may only be used on private property.
Contact the dispatch center for more information about what can be burned and other regulations.
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Sandra Kulik to proceed Mike Weber as Hales Corners' Administrator
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"
- Hales Corners police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Bethseda Thrift Shop hosts fashion show, helps those with disabilities