A 24-year-old Milwaukee man said he was robbed while attempting to sell two iPhones to a potential buyer he met on Craigslist.com.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
About 8:45 p.m. Oct. 26, the man went to an unlit entrance at Hy-View Mobile Home Park, 2137 W. College Ave., to meet a man who wanted to buy two iPhones the victim had advertised for sale on Craigslist.com.
While the victim was talking to the potential buyer, he saw three men walk toward him. One of the men was holding a club. When one of the men yelled, "I'm gonna get you mother (expletive)," the Milwaukee man fled in his vehicle.
He drove south on Interstate 94, and the other men followed him. The victim stated he called the supposed buyer while he was driving to ask him for an explanation, to which the buyer replied, "We will get you." The man exited the freeway on Rawson Avenue and the other vehicle continued driving south on I-94.
Milwaukee police stated there was a similar robbery earlier that day in District 5, where the same group of men, using the same vehicle, robbed another victim of his iPhones.
The suspect is described as a five-foot, 10-inch tall black male in his 20s weighing between 150 and 220 pounds. He was wearing a brown, sparkling coat that had been stolen during the first robbery, and drove a purple, foreign-made SUV.
Officers are following up with the Milwaukee Police Department to obtain more information about the other men.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alyson Dudek of Hales Corners will compete on 'The Amazing Race' with boyfriend
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha
- Owners are reportedly closing Mia Famiglia in Hales Corners to a open new restaurant in Waukesha
- Alyson Dudek of Hales Corners will compete on "The Amazing Race" with boyfriend
- New Baptist church to use Hales Corners Village Hall for weekly service
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- Village of Hales Corners may eliminate retired health benefits for new hires
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue