Oak Creek - Police responded to a home in the 1100 block of East Stonegate Drive after a 911 caller reported an assault and attempted robbery Dec. 23.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Two men knocked on the home's door at 9:40 p.m. Dec. 23, and told the resident they were looking for a man who looked like him. The two men then stated something to the effect of "gimme the money" several times, according to the victim, and then grabbed him, tried to pull him out the door and choked him.
The men ran off when they heard police were being called. The victim stated he did not see the subjects get into a car, but did hear a car start soon after they left. Police canvassed the neighborhood but no one saw or heard anything suspicious.
The victim described one of them men as a 5-foot-8, white or Chinese man about 30 years old and wearing gym pants, a gray knit hat and a long-sleeve gray T-shirt. The second man was described as a 5-foot-8 white man, about 35 years old, with a thin build and wearing a gray knit hat and a lightweight jacket resembling a Green Bay Packers coat.
The victim suffered scratches to his face and neck, but declined to be taken to the hospital.
Police are still investigating.
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Crash closes portion of Highway 100 in Hales Corners May 18
- Jetz Mart car theft attempts in Hales Corners prompt police warning
- Hales Corners temporarily limits boat access to Kelly Lake
- Hales Corners police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Help clean up Hales Corners May 14
- Know Your Muslim Neighbors event being held at Hales Corners Library May 14