Oak Creek - Police responded to a home in the 1100 block of East Stonegate Drive after a 911 caller reported an assault and attempted robbery Dec. 23.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Two men knocked on the home's door at 9:40 p.m. Dec. 23, and told the resident they were looking for a man who looked like him. The two men then stated something to the effect of "gimme the money" several times, according to the victim, and then grabbed him, tried to pull him out the door and choked him.
The men ran off when they heard police were being called. The victim stated he did not see the subjects get into a car, but did hear a car start soon after they left. Police canvassed the neighborhood but no one saw or heard anything suspicious.
The victim described one of them men as a 5-foot-8, white or Chinese man about 30 years old and wearing gym pants, a gray knit hat and a long-sleeve gray T-shirt. The second man was described as a 5-foot-8 white man, about 35 years old, with a thin build and wearing a gray knit hat and a lightweight jacket resembling a Green Bay Packers coat.
The victim suffered scratches to his face and neck, but declined to be taken to the hospital.
Police are still investigating.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Alyson Dudek ice skating center move forward with donation
- Hales Corners adopts tight 2016 budget of $8.15 million
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce to host social on Nov. 24
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners 2016 proposed budget sees 'nominal increase'
- Legacy Spa & Salon to host networking event on Nov. 7 in Hales Corners
- Homeless sex offender may be in Hales Corners area
- Hales Corners preschool taking steps toward more technology
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue