Oak Creek - Police responded to a home in the 1100 block of East Stonegate Drive after a 911 caller reported an assault and attempted robbery Dec. 23.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Two men knocked on the home's door at 9:40 p.m. Dec. 23, and told the resident they were looking for a man who looked like him. The two men then stated something to the effect of "gimme the money" several times, according to the victim, and then grabbed him, tried to pull him out the door and choked him.
The men ran off when they heard police were being called. The victim stated he did not see the subjects get into a car, but did hear a car start soon after they left. Police canvassed the neighborhood but no one saw or heard anything suspicious.
The victim described one of them men as a 5-foot-8, white or Chinese man about 30 years old and wearing gym pants, a gray knit hat and a long-sleeve gray T-shirt. The second man was described as a 5-foot-8 white man, about 35 years old, with a thin build and wearing a gray knit hat and a lightweight jacket resembling a Green Bay Packers coat.
The victim suffered scratches to his face and neck, but declined to be taken to the hospital.
Police are still investigating.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate
- Board approves funding of Hales Corners Park Pavilion and Pool repair
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary students receive surprise care package from Army pen pals
- Lawn Poolice 'entre-manure' starts dog waste removal business
- Updated: Hales Corners pool stays afloat in county budget
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Sports bar, grill to replace China Inn in Hales Corners