A 40-year-old Franklin man who dropped his motorcycle twice before it started on fire was arrested for drunken driving during the early hours of June 8.
According to the Greendale police report:
A witness reported a man "dumped" his bike near 43rd Street and College Avenue shortly after 3 a.m. June 8.
While trying to pick the bike up, the driver dropped it again and the motorcycle started on fire, the witness said. The driver put out the fire, started the motorcycle and headed west on College Avenue.
Officers pulled the man over on 51st Street and Xavier Drive, where he was arrested for drunken driving. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
The man also was cited for failure to keep his vehicle under control.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Scurry over to Wehr Nature Center on Sunday for bug day
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners
- VIDEO: Whitnall distributes nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue