A 40-year-old Franklin man who dropped his motorcycle twice before it started on fire was arrested for drunken driving during the early hours of June 8.
According to the Greendale police report:
A witness reported a man "dumped" his bike near 43rd Street and College Avenue shortly after 3 a.m. June 8.
While trying to pick the bike up, the driver dropped it again and the motorcycle started on fire, the witness said. The driver put out the fire, started the motorcycle and headed west on College Avenue.
Officers pulled the man over on 51st Street and Xavier Drive, where he was arrested for drunken driving. His blood-alcohol content was 0.18.
The man also was cited for failure to keep his vehicle under control.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Boerner Botanical Garden blooms with brides in summer
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 10, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue
- Electrical wires create glass-like mass after storm
- Hales Corners students gain appreciation for older generation with pen-pal program
- Children create replica of Hales Corners village out of LEGOs
- Hales Corners Police Report: June 26, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: June 19, 2014