A 63-year-old man was cited driving a vehicle with an unsecured load after a drum of oil fell off his trailer at 60th Street and Grange Avenue on July 14.
According to the Greendale police report:
The man was towing a trailer behind a van on 60th Street when the 100-gallon drum fell, spilling oil all over the roadway shortly after 5:30 p.m. July 14.
Four Greendale Fire Department units responded to the spill, along with one unit from the Greenfield Fire Department and the Franklin Hazmat team. The Wisconsin Department of Emergency Management also got involved with the cleanup, and the Department of Natural Resources was notified after officials discovered some of the oil leaked into a nearby creek.
The driver was cited also cited because his trailer did not have brakelights.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Alyson Dudek ice skating center move forward with donation
- Hales Corners adopts tight 2016 budget of $8.15 million
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce to host social on Nov. 24
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners 2016 proposed budget sees 'nominal increase'
- Legacy Spa & Salon to host networking event on Nov. 7 in Hales Corners
- Homeless sex offender may be in Hales Corners area
- Hales Corners preschool taking steps toward more technology
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue