A 63-year-old man was cited driving a vehicle with an unsecured load after a drum of oil fell off his trailer at 60th Street and Grange Avenue on July 14.
According to the Greendale police report:
The man was towing a trailer behind a van on 60th Street when the 100-gallon drum fell, spilling oil all over the roadway shortly after 5:30 p.m. July 14.
Four Greendale Fire Department units responded to the spill, along with one unit from the Greenfield Fire Department and the Franklin Hazmat team. The Wisconsin Department of Emergency Management also got involved with the cleanup, and the Department of Natural Resources was notified after officials discovered some of the oil leaked into a nearby creek.
The driver was cited also cited because his trailer did not have brakelights.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners bed-and-breakfast gets back on its feet with new owners
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- July 28 spill is being called one of the largest in Hales Corner history
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 13, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 6, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners residents could feel heavier tax burden
- Development talks come to a halt in Hales Corners
- Groundbreaking for ice skating facility at Hales Corners Park
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue