A 63-year-old man was cited driving a vehicle with an unsecured load after a drum of oil fell off his trailer at 60th Street and Grange Avenue on July 14.
According to the Greendale police report:
The man was towing a trailer behind a van on 60th Street when the 100-gallon drum fell, spilling oil all over the roadway shortly after 5:30 p.m. July 14.
Four Greendale Fire Department units responded to the spill, along with one unit from the Greenfield Fire Department and the Franklin Hazmat team. The Wisconsin Department of Emergency Management also got involved with the cleanup, and the Department of Natural Resources was notified after officials discovered some of the oil leaked into a nearby creek.
The driver was cited also cited because his trailer did not have brakelights.
- Hales Corners police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Rooftop patio added to proposed expansion of the Bosch
- Pen and ink drawings going on display in May at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Festival Foods reveals detailed plans for former Kmart site on Highway 100 in Hales Corners (4)
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- Hales Corners police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce holding annual banquet April 28
- Bosch gets ready to make its move (4)
- Hales Corners deputy fire chief nominated for award
- Hales Corners police report: April 14, 2016 issue