A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved