A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Friends group plans for sand volleyball court at Hales Corners park
- Hales Corners police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Free concerts offered all summer at Boerner in Hales Corners
- Noah Weckwirth: Milwaukee Road making a stop at Elm Grove library
- Two Village of Hales Corners police officers promoted
- Hales Corners police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Winter's not through with us yet
- Hales Corners looks at developing former Kmart site
- CMH featured in list of Top Health Systems