A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man arrested for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- New path enhances a walk through Boerner's gardens in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Village Board requests Hales Corners Wading Pool remains open in 2015
- Ritzman Appliance has found its highway to 'heaven' in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Man charged for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners wades deeper into county's politics on pool budget (1)
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue