A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Alyson Dudek ice skating center move forward with donation
- Hales Corners adopts tight 2016 budget of $8.15 million
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce to host social on Nov. 24
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners 2016 proposed budget sees 'nominal increase'
- Legacy Spa & Salon to host networking event on Nov. 7 in Hales Corners
- Homeless sex offender may be in Hales Corners area
- Hales Corners preschool taking steps toward more technology
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue