A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners bed-and-breakfast gets back on its feet with new owners
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- July 28 spill is being called one of the largest in Hales Corner history
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 13, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Aug. 6, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners residents could feel heavier tax burden
- Development talks come to a halt in Hales Corners
- Groundbreaking for ice skating facility at Hales Corners Park