A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners vies for fruity trees through Victory Garden Initiative
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods looks to build at old Kmart location along Highway 100 (11)
- Hales Corners raises alcohol license quota a second time (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Village officials hope to change road name in 2016