A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Update: Tanker truck crash in Hales Corners, Highway 100 closed
- Public hearing for new TIF district
- Hales Corners police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- West Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project plan moves forward
- Tax rate could increase in Hales Corners with the drop in assessed value
- Robots and drones at Hales Corners Library
- Hales Corners police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Tax rate increase in Hales Corners after assessed value drops (1)
- 'Voracious' beetle now threatens Hales Corners' ash trees