A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Wheelchair basketball team heading to Nationals
- Hales Corners police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Eagle scout candidate improves Hales Corners pool house lockers, benches
- Taxpayer federation to fight against $22 million Whitnall referendum
- Hales Corners police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Temporary ice rink in Hales Corners will close after this weekend
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- Hales Corners police report: March 5, 2015 issue