A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- New fixes, expanded collection slated for Hales Corners Public Library
- Pawn shop ordinance would help Hales Corners Police Department identify sale of stolen goods
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Select Hales Corners Library services on hold during carpet project
- Tailgate 'n skate with Santa in Hales Corners
- English language learners and special education students thrive in one mixed Whitnall classroom
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate