A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- Hales Corners police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- For what it's worth, antique author offers antique insights in advance of Hales Corners visit
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- 'Spite Fences' author to visit Whitnall Middle School students
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Boerner Botanical Gardens to host winter bird arboretum walk
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 12, 2015, issue
- Whitnall School District earns subsidy to pay for global exam