A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Boerner Botanical Garden blooms with brides in summer
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 10, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue
- Electrical wires create glass-like mass after storm
- Hales Corners students gain appreciation for older generation with pen-pal program
- Children create replica of Hales Corners village out of LEGOs
- Hales Corners Police Report: June 26, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: June 19, 2014