A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: 'Bug Whisperer' inspires curiosity, respect for otherwise 'misunderstood' insects
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Scurry over to Wehr Nature Center on Sunday for bug day
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners