Franklin police received calls from 20 residents who reported their mailboxes were vandalized during the early hours of June 17.
According to the police log, most of the vandalism occurred in the 8900 and 9000 blocks of South 84th Street, the 8400 block of West Elm Court, the 8800 block of South Golden Court and the 7900 to 8100 blocks of West High Court.
Residents reported flags ripped off their mailboxes, broken posts, newspaper boxes and mailboxes torn off their posts and mailbox posts knocked over and tossed into culverts.
Damage ranged from $2 to $100 per incident.
Police are investigating.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Alyson Dudek ice skating center move forward with donation
- Hales Corners adopts tight 2016 budget of $8.15 million
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce to host social on Nov. 24
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners 2016 proposed budget sees 'nominal increase'
- Legacy Spa & Salon to host networking event on Nov. 7 in Hales Corners
- Homeless sex offender may be in Hales Corners area
- Hales Corners preschool taking steps toward more technology
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue