Franklin police received calls from 20 residents who reported their mailboxes were vandalized during the early hours of June 17.
According to the police log, most of the vandalism occurred in the 8900 and 9000 blocks of South 84th Street, the 8400 block of West Elm Court, the 8800 block of South Golden Court and the 7900 to 8100 blocks of West High Court.
Residents reported flags ripped off their mailboxes, broken posts, newspaper boxes and mailboxes torn off their posts and mailbox posts knocked over and tossed into culverts.
Damage ranged from $2 to $100 per incident.
Police are investigating.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends group plans for sand volleyball court at Hales Corners park
- Hales Corners police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Free concerts offered all summer at Boerner in Hales Corners
- Noah Weckwirth: Milwaukee Road making a stop at Elm Grove library
- Two Village of Hales Corners police officers promoted
- Hales Corners police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Winter's not through with us yet
- Hales Corners looks at developing former Kmart site
- CMH featured in list of Top Health Systems
- Hales Corners police report: May 7, 2015 issue