Franklin police received calls from 20 residents who reported their mailboxes were vandalized during the early hours of June 17.
According to the police log, most of the vandalism occurred in the 8900 and 9000 blocks of South 84th Street, the 8400 block of West Elm Court, the 8800 block of South Golden Court and the 7900 to 8100 blocks of West High Court.
Residents reported flags ripped off their mailboxes, broken posts, newspaper boxes and mailboxes torn off their posts and mailbox posts knocked over and tossed into culverts.
Damage ranged from $2 to $100 per incident.
Police are investigating.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project in the works
- Hales Corners police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- New, accessible features at Boerner Botanical Gardens open July 28
- Coordinated care makes Hales Corners girl's difficult life more liveable
- Hales Corners police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Redevelopment talks continue on former Hales Corners Kmart site
- Hales Corners police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary named 'School of Merit'
- Floats needed for Hales Corners' July Fourth parade
- Hwy 100 reconstruction in Hales Corners moves forward