A public information meeting will be held regarding the study re-evaluation for Highway 38 from Highway K in Racine County to Oakwood Road in Milwaukee County.
The meeting will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. June 28 in the Gifford Elementary School gym, 8332 Northwestern Ave., Racine.
The project team will be available to speak with guests at the open house style meeting.
The study will re-evaluate roadway deficiencies along the nine-mile stretch, as well as long-term improvements to traffic flow and safety in the corridor and assessment of potential impacts.
Through the study, the project team will:
Re-analyze existing and future traffic demands.
Redevelop alternatives for addressing safety concerns and long-term mobility needs.
Re-examine environmental impacts and measures to avoid or minimize impacts.
The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, review project information, provide input and ask questions.
For information, call Traci Gengler at (262) 548-8727. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Project Manager Traci Gengler, P.E., WisDOT, P.O. Box 798, Waukesha, WI 53187-0798.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man arrested for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- New path enhances a walk through Boerner's gardens in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Village Board requests Hales Corners Wading Pool remains open in 2015
- Ritzman Appliance has found its highway to 'heaven' in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Man charged for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners wades deeper into county's politics on pool budget (1)
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Park pavilion and ice rink gains ground with county approval