A public information meeting will be held regarding the study re-evaluation for Highway 38 from Highway K in Racine County to Oakwood Road in Milwaukee County.
The meeting will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. June 28 in the Gifford Elementary School gym, 8332 Northwestern Ave., Racine.
The project team will be available to speak with guests at the open house style meeting.
The study will re-evaluate roadway deficiencies along the nine-mile stretch, as well as long-term improvements to traffic flow and safety in the corridor and assessment of potential impacts.
Through the study, the project team will:
Re-analyze existing and future traffic demands.
Redevelop alternatives for addressing safety concerns and long-term mobility needs.
Re-examine environmental impacts and measures to avoid or minimize impacts.
The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, review project information, provide input and ask questions.
For information, call Traci Gengler at (262) 548-8727. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Project Manager Traci Gengler, P.E., WisDOT, P.O. Box 798, Waukesha, WI 53187-0798.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For what it's worth, antique author offers antique insights in advance of Hales Corners visit
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- 'Spite Fences' author to visit Whitnall Middle School students
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue
- Boerner Botanical Gardens to host winter bird arboretum walk
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 12, 2015, issue
- Whitnall School District earns subsidy to pay for global exam
- Hales Corners adopts new radio system that offers 'peace of mind'
- Historical Society debuts newest Hales Corners history book