A public information meeting will be held regarding the study re-evaluation for Highway 38 from Highway K in Racine County to Oakwood Road in Milwaukee County.
The meeting will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. June 28 in the Gifford Elementary School gym, 8332 Northwestern Ave., Racine.
The project team will be available to speak with guests at the open house style meeting.
The study will re-evaluate roadway deficiencies along the nine-mile stretch, as well as long-term improvements to traffic flow and safety in the corridor and assessment of potential impacts.
Through the study, the project team will:
Re-analyze existing and future traffic demands.
Redevelop alternatives for addressing safety concerns and long-term mobility needs.
Re-examine environmental impacts and measures to avoid or minimize impacts.
The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, review project information, provide input and ask questions.
For information, call Traci Gengler at (262) 548-8727. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Project Manager Traci Gengler, P.E., WisDOT, P.O. Box 798, Waukesha, WI 53187-0798.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Library hosts free drawing program for children
- Tornado watch in effect
- New book says it all about Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: April 9, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Library's used book sale begins April 17
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum (2)
- Wheelchair basketball team heading to Nationals