Franklin — Police are seeking a man who displayed a handgun during a robbery at a check cashing business Feb. 6.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man entered Check 'n Go, 6505 S. 27th St., just before 5 p.m. Feb. 6 and asked an employee if he could cash a tax refund check. He then passed the employee a note, displayed a black handgun tucked into his left waistband, and ordered the employee to get him money.
He obtained an undisclosed amount of cash and fled.
The man is described as a 6-foot-tall black man about 35 years old and weighing about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a Cincinnati Reds baseball cap, a plaid flannel shirt, gray hooded sweatshirt, cuffed blue jeans and red shoes with matching shoelaces.
About 5:15 p.m., a Milwaukee County Transit Service bus driver told police a man matching the suspect description got on the bus at Walmart on South 27th Street, and then got off the bus at 27th and Ohio streets.
Police were working with MCTS to obtain a copy of the video surveillance footage from the bus in an attempt to identify the man.
Franklin police ask anyone with information about the man to call (414) 425-2522.
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Sandra Kulik to proceed Mike Weber as Hales Corners' Administrator
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"
- Hales Corners police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Bethseda Thrift Shop hosts fashion show, helps those with disabilities