Hales Corners - The village will dedicated its new veterans memorial at 2 p.m. Sunday, and residents are invited to take the opportunity to come and pay tribute to those who have died serving the country.
The memorial, five pillars set in a 50-foot-square plaza and shaped in a five-pointed star, is in Hales Corners Park, next to the library. Each pillar represents one of the five branches of the U.S. military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
A lighted U.S. flag flies in the center.
On Sunday, the flag will be raised for the first time, and guest speakers including Major Gen. Donald Dunbar will share their thoughts.
Food, beverages and music will be served up until 8 p.m.
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Crash closes portion of Highway 100 in Hales Corners May 18
- Jetz Mart car theft attempts in Hales Corners prompt police warning
- Hales Corners temporarily limits boat access to Kelly Lake
- Hales Corners police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Help clean up Hales Corners May 14
- Know Your Muslim Neighbors event being held at Hales Corners Library May 14