Hales Corners - The village will dedicated its new veterans memorial at 2 p.m. Sunday, and residents are invited to take the opportunity to come and pay tribute to those who have died serving the country.
The memorial, five pillars set in a 50-foot-square plaza and shaped in a five-pointed star, is in Hales Corners Park, next to the library. Each pillar represents one of the five branches of the U.S. military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
A lighted U.S. flag flies in the center.
On Sunday, the flag will be raised for the first time, and guest speakers including Major Gen. Donald Dunbar will share their thoughts.
Food, beverages and music will be served up until 8 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners approves $5,100 donation to proposed ice rink
- Police Report: May 21
- Things to Do
- Greendale police arrest boy for graffiti damage
- Hales Corners may go to referendum to pay workers
- Police Report: May 14
- In Our Schools: May 14
- Franklin honors outgoing library director
- Franklin High School evacuated due to unusual odor
- Local schools exceed state test results