Hales Corners - The village will dedicated its new veterans memorial at 2 p.m. Sunday, and residents are invited to take the opportunity to come and pay tribute to those who have died serving the country.
The memorial, five pillars set in a 50-foot-square plaza and shaped in a five-pointed star, is in Hales Corners Park, next to the library. Each pillar represents one of the five branches of the U.S. military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
A lighted U.S. flag flies in the center.
On Sunday, the flag will be raised for the first time, and guest speakers including Major Gen. Donald Dunbar will share their thoughts.
Food, beverages and music will be served up until 8 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners will observe trick or treat times on Oct. 31
- Aligned Modern Wellness's One Year Anniversary on Oct. 2
- Modern Woodmen to host happy hour fundraiser on Oct. 1
- Sandra's on the Park puts a modern twist on supper clubs (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce Social on Sept. 29
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners enjoys the buzz about being a Bee City
- Bonsai Society branches out to the public in Hales Corners and beyond
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 17, 2015 issue