A 50-year-old Hales Corners man is facing a felony charge after he was arrested for his sixth offense of drunken driving June 12.
According to the criminal complaint:
A Hales Corners police officer saw a car stopped at a green light at Forest Home and Grange avenues at 1:15 a.m. June 12.
The officer approached the car and attempted to make contact with the driver, who was slumped over the steering wheel. After the officer turned off the car and woke the man up, he noticed the man's speech was slurred, his eyes were bloodshot and there was a strong odor of intoxicants on his breath.
The man was arrested for drunken driving. It is his sixth arrest for drunken driving since 1990.
If convicted, the man faces up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners vies for fruity trees through Victory Garden Initiative
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods looks to build at old Kmart location along Highway 100 (11)
- Hales Corners raises alcohol license quota a second time (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Village officials hope to change road name in 2016