A 50-year-old Hales Corners man is facing a felony charge after he was arrested for his sixth offense of drunken driving June 12.
According to the criminal complaint:
A Hales Corners police officer saw a car stopped at a green light at Forest Home and Grange avenues at 1:15 a.m. June 12.
The officer approached the car and attempted to make contact with the driver, who was slumped over the steering wheel. After the officer turned off the car and woke the man up, he noticed the man's speech was slurred, his eyes were bloodshot and there was a strong odor of intoxicants on his breath.
The man was arrested for drunken driving. It is his sixth arrest for drunken driving since 1990.
If convicted, the man faces up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: May 21
- Things to Do
- Greendale police arrest boy for graffiti damage
- Hales Corners may go to referendum to pay workers
- Police Report: May 14
- In Our Schools: May 14
- Franklin honors outgoing library director
- Franklin High School evacuated due to unusual odor
- Local schools exceed state test results
- Oak Creek police arrest woman for providing escort services without license