A 50-year-old Hales Corners man is facing a felony charge after he was arrested for his sixth offense of drunken driving June 12.
According to the criminal complaint:
A Hales Corners police officer saw a car stopped at a green light at Forest Home and Grange avenues at 1:15 a.m. June 12.
The officer approached the car and attempted to make contact with the driver, who was slumped over the steering wheel. After the officer turned off the car and woke the man up, he noticed the man's speech was slurred, his eyes were bloodshot and there was a strong odor of intoxicants on his breath.
The man was arrested for drunken driving. It is his sixth arrest for drunken driving since 1990.
If convicted, the man faces up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man arrested for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- New path enhances a walk through Boerner's gardens in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Village Board requests Hales Corners Wading Pool remains open in 2015
- Ritzman Appliance has found its highway to 'heaven' in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Man charged for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners wades deeper into county's politics on pool budget (1)
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Park pavilion and ice rink gains ground with county approval