Hales Corners Fire Chief Michael Jankowski, Greendale Fire Chief Tim Saidler and Greenfield Fire Chief Jon Cohn have all issued immediate bans on burning and the use of all fireworks, including sparklers and caps. These bans are the result of severe drought conditions. As such, burning and the use of fireworks would constitute a public nuisance affecting safety.
This ban includes fires in all outdoor fireplaces, pits, camp fires and the private use of consumer fireworks including sparklers, caps and novelty fireworks. In order to prevent fires, the community's police departments will strictly enforce these restrictions, they said.
Violators of this ban and adults who permit the use of any kind of fireworks, including caps and sparklers, or burning by minors will receive citations. This ban does not prohibit residents from using contained grills for cooking food. The ban will remain in place until further notice in all these communities.
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Sandra Kulik to proceed Mike Weber as Hales Corners' Administrator
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"
- Hales Corners police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Bethseda Thrift Shop hosts fashion show, helps those with disabilities