Hales Corners Fire Chief Michael Jankowski, Greendale Fire Chief Tim Saidler and Greenfield Fire Chief Jon Cohn have all issued immediate bans on burning and the use of all fireworks, including sparklers and caps. These bans are the result of severe drought conditions. As such, burning and the use of fireworks would constitute a public nuisance affecting safety.
This ban includes fires in all outdoor fireplaces, pits, camp fires and the private use of consumer fireworks including sparklers, caps and novelty fireworks. In order to prevent fires, the community's police departments will strictly enforce these restrictions, they said.
Violators of this ban and adults who permit the use of any kind of fireworks, including caps and sparklers, or burning by minors will receive citations. This ban does not prohibit residents from using contained grills for cooking food. The ban will remain in place until further notice in all these communities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved