Greendale — Work is underway to renovate the Greendale High School's baseball field, and a ground breaking ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. Aug. 27 on the school's campus, 6801 Southway.
The project is being funded through a grant from the Reiman Foundation with matching funds from Greendale Schools. The budget for the project is $570,000, according to a press release from the school.
Phase 1 of the renovation includes repositioning the field and moving home plate toward Southway to increase the distances to the outfield. The new field will feature natural turf with an irrigation system and includes the installation of the infrastructure for light poles and lights.
Alterations to the field and dimensions create a WIAA regulation field to allow Greendale to host playoff games and tournaments.
Additional site work is required to meet Department of Natural Resources and Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District regulations and includes re-grading of the football and soccer practice field and the creation of a bioswale for stormwater management.
Future phases include installation of light poles and lights, a press box, additional fan seating, a concession stand, parking lot repaving and a patio.
C.G. Schmidt of Milwaukee was hired by the school district as project manager, and Eppstein Uhen Architects and Kapur Associates developed the site plan and field design.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners
- VIDEO: Whitnall distributes nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Dennis Dietscher of Hales Corners charged with accepting bribes
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district