Franklin Fire Chief James Martins issued a reminder today that a ban on burning remains in effect within the city, to stay in place until a significant amount of rain has fallen.
Martins will determine when it is safe to allow open burning again and make an announcement at that time.
Until then, the ban applies to all individuals, including those holding a value Franklin burning permit.
The ban has been in place since June 15.
Call the Fire Department at (414) 425-1420 with questions or to check if the ban has been lifted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Greenfield, Greendale and Hales Corners police storm high schools in active shooter training
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary school is 'bursting at the seams'
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- YoFresh Yogurt Cafe to open in Hales Corners
- VIDEO: Whitnall distributes nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Dennis Dietscher of Hales Corners charged with accepting bribes
- Hales Corners Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district