Franklin Fire Chief James Martins issued a reminder today that a ban on burning remains in effect within the city, to stay in place until a significant amount of rain has fallen.
Martins will determine when it is safe to allow open burning again and make an announcement at that time.
Until then, the ban applies to all individuals, including those holding a value Franklin burning permit.
The ban has been in place since June 15.
Call the Fire Department at (414) 425-1420 with questions or to check if the ban has been lifted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved