Franklin Fire Chief James Martins issued a reminder today that a ban on burning remains in effect within the city, to stay in place until a significant amount of rain has fallen.
Martins will determine when it is safe to allow open burning again and make an announcement at that time.
Until then, the ban applies to all individuals, including those holding a value Franklin burning permit.
The ban has been in place since June 15.
Call the Fire Department at (414) 425-1420 with questions or to check if the ban has been lifted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Boerner Botanical Garden blooms with brides in summer
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 10, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue
- Electrical wires create glass-like mass after storm
- Hales Corners students gain appreciation for older generation with pen-pal program
- Children create replica of Hales Corners village out of LEGOs
- Hales Corners Police Report: June 26, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Police Report: June 19, 2014