Franklin Fire Chief James Martins issued a reminder today that a ban on burning remains in effect within the city, to stay in place until a significant amount of rain has fallen.
Martins will determine when it is safe to allow open burning again and make an announcement at that time.
Until then, the ban applies to all individuals, including those holding a value Franklin burning permit.
The ban has been in place since June 15.
Call the Fire Department at (414) 425-1420 with questions or to check if the ban has been lifted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate
- Board approves funding of Hales Corners Park Pavilion and Pool repair
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Elementary students receive surprise care package from Army pen pals
- Lawn Poolice 'entre-manure' starts dog waste removal business
- Updated: Hales Corners pool stays afloat in county budget
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Sports bar, grill to replace China Inn in Hales Corners