Firefighters and police officers responded to a garage fire in the 800 block of East Mackinac Avenue at 11:44 p.m. Oct. 12.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
When emergency vehicles arrived the detached garage was fully engulfed in flames. It was unknown what caused the fire, due to the intense heat and total destruction of the structure.
The garage and its contents were destroyed. Damage is estimated at $50,000.
No injuries were reported.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Police Report: March 4
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Police Report: Feb. 25
- Chamber recognizes Wheaton Franciscan, Staybridge Suites
- Police Report: Feb. 18
- Boerner's mission unchanged after 75 years
- Fire Department funding source up in air since referendum had to be moved