Oak Creek - Firefighters and police responded to a basement fire at a home in the 8500 block of South Parknoll Drive during the early morning hours Tuesday.
The homeowners called police at 3:23 a.m. after they woke up and smelled smoke inside their home, then heard the smoke detector sound a short time later. The couple located their two daughters, ages 8 and 6, and one of their two dogs and exited the residence.
Smoke was seen coming from the basement when emergency personnel arrived. After the Oak Creek Fire Department arrived, it was determined the was fire started by a pilot light in the water heater due to items in the basement.
The fire caused major damage to the water heater and basement. No official damage estimate was available at the time of the report.
No injuries were reported; however, paramedics attended to the children, who complained of slight smoke inhalation. The second dog later was found.
- Sue Haislmaier's watercolor paintings on display at botanical gardens
- Traveling Beer Gardens coming to Hales Corners Park
- Youth soccer program at Hales Corners Library July 28
- Children's musician Duke Otherwise to perform at Hales Corners Library
- Emmanuel Church will hold car show at Augustfest event
- Hales Corners police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Board moves Hwy 100 corridor project, Festival Foods forward
- Innovative Health & Fitness raises record amount for GAB
- Animals to visit Hales Corners Library for "Ms. Kim's Amazing Animals"
- Free cartoon drawing class at Hales Corners Library