Alyson Dudek on track to Olympics again
Hales Corners native qualifies for short-track speedskating team in Sochi
Hales Corners — Hales Corners native Alyson Dudek is going to the Olympics a second time.
She made the cut, grabbing one of three spots on the short-track women's speedskating team on Sunday.
Dudek was on the bronze medal-winning, 3,000-meter relay team in 2010.
To help pay her way to Sochi, she created a donation page at rallyme.com/rallies/129. Her goal is to raise $15,000 to offset training expenses. Different donation levels will be privy to different swag, personal email thank yous and Twitter shout-outs.
As a result of her 2010 performance, the Friends of the Hales Corners Park & Pool raised money for — and opened — the Alyson Dudek International Ice Center. The rink is open and free to the public from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Hales Corners Park every day.
- Sola Salons holding grand opening May 9 in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Rooftop patio added to proposed expansion of the Bosch
- Pen and ink drawings going on display in May at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Festival Foods reveals detailed plans for former Kmart site on Highway 100 in Hales Corners (4)
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- Hales Corners police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce holding annual banquet April 28
- Bosch gets ready to make its move (4)