Alyson Dudek on track to Olympics again
Hales Corners native qualifies for short-track speedskating team in Sochi
Hales Corners — Hales Corners native Alyson Dudek is going to the Olympics a second time.
She made the cut, grabbing one of three spots on the short-track women's speedskating team on Sunday.
Dudek was on the bronze medal-winning, 3,000-meter relay team in 2010.
To help pay her way to Sochi, she created a donation page at rallyme.com/rallies/129. Her goal is to raise $15,000 to offset training expenses. Different donation levels will be privy to different swag, personal email thank yous and Twitter shout-outs.
As a result of her 2010 performance, the Friends of the Hales Corners Park & Pool raised money for — and opened — the Alyson Dudek International Ice Center. The rink is open and free to the public from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Hales Corners Park every day.
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Sandra Kulik to proceed Mike Weber as Hales Corners' Administrator
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"
- Hales Corners police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Bethseda Thrift Shop hosts fashion show, helps those with disabilities