Alyson Dudek on track to Olympics again
Hales Corners native qualifies for short-track speedskating team in Sochi
Hales Corners — Hales Corners native Alyson Dudek is going to the Olympics a second time.
She made the cut, grabbing one of three spots on the short-track women's speedskating team on Sunday.
Dudek was on the bronze medal-winning, 3,000-meter relay team in 2010.
To help pay her way to Sochi, she created a donation page at rallyme.com/rallies/129. Her goal is to raise $15,000 to offset training expenses. Different donation levels will be privy to different swag, personal email thank yous and Twitter shout-outs.
As a result of her 2010 performance, the Friends of the Hales Corners Park & Pool raised money for — and opened — the Alyson Dudek International Ice Center. The rink is open and free to the public from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Hales Corners Park every day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners will observe trick or treat times on Oct. 31
- Aligned Modern Wellness's One Year Anniversary on Oct. 2
- Modern Woodmen to host happy hour fundraiser on Oct. 1
- Sandra's on the Park puts a modern twist on supper clubs (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce Social on Sept. 29
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners enjoys the buzz about being a Bee City
- Bonsai Society branches out to the public in Hales Corners and beyond
- Hales Corners police report: Sept. 17, 2015 issue