Franklin - A 67-year-old Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a man and rolled over him while backing up his truck at 4:18 p.m. Dec. 22, according to a Franklin police report.
Also from the report:
A 36-year-old Franklin man told police he was standing behind the 1995 Ford F150 truck at Durham Auto Salvage & Sales, 10568 S. 124th St., attempting to retrieve his bicycle out of the truck bed, when the driver started backing up. After the man was knocked down, the driver continued in reverse and drove over him with his rear, passenger-side tire.
The victim was taken to the hospital with injuries that were not life threatening. Both the driver and victim were intoxicated at the time of the incident.
The Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving/causing injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle. His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man arrested for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- New path enhances a walk through Boerner's gardens in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Village Board requests Hales Corners Wading Pool remains open in 2015
- Ritzman Appliance has found its highway to 'heaven' in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Man charged for facilitating a sex crime with 13-year-old girl in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners wades deeper into county's politics on pool budget (1)
- Hales Corners Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Hales Corners Park pavilion and ice rink gains ground with county approval