Franklin - A 67-year-old Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a man and rolled over him while backing up his truck at 4:18 p.m. Dec. 22, according to a Franklin police report.
Also from the report:
A 36-year-old Franklin man told police he was standing behind the 1995 Ford F150 truck at Durham Auto Salvage & Sales, 10568 S. 124th St., attempting to retrieve his bicycle out of the truck bed, when the driver started backing up. After the man was knocked down, the driver continued in reverse and drove over him with his rear, passenger-side tire.
The victim was taken to the hospital with injuries that were not life threatening. Both the driver and victim were intoxicated at the time of the incident.
The Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving/causing injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle. His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- New fixes, expanded collection slated for Hales Corners Public Library
- Pawn shop ordinance would help Hales Corners Police Department identify sale of stolen goods
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Select Hales Corners Library services on hold during carpet project
- Tailgate 'n skate with Santa in Hales Corners
- English language learners and special education students thrive in one mixed Whitnall classroom
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate