Franklin - A 67-year-old Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a man and rolled over him while backing up his truck at 4:18 p.m. Dec. 22, according to a Franklin police report.
Also from the report:
A 36-year-old Franklin man told police he was standing behind the 1995 Ford F150 truck at Durham Auto Salvage & Sales, 10568 S. 124th St., attempting to retrieve his bicycle out of the truck bed, when the driver started backing up. After the man was knocked down, the driver continued in reverse and drove over him with his rear, passenger-side tire.
The victim was taken to the hospital with injuries that were not life threatening. Both the driver and victim were intoxicated at the time of the incident.
The Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving/causing injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle. His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends group plans for sand volleyball court at Hales Corners park
- Hales Corners police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Free concerts offered all summer at Boerner in Hales Corners
- Noah Weckwirth: Milwaukee Road making a stop at Elm Grove library
- Two Village of Hales Corners police officers promoted
- Hales Corners police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Winter's not through with us yet
- Hales Corners looks at developing former Kmart site
- CMH featured in list of Top Health Systems
- Hales Corners police report: May 7, 2015 issue