Hales Corners — Ex-Milwaukee County official Dennis Dietscher, 55, of Hales Corners, was charged Monday, Aug. 18 with six counts in all, related to accepting bribes, official misconduct and lying about his handling of contract work.
Dietscher helped manage the restoration of the Milwaukee County Courthouse after an electrical fire in the summer as the county's safety coordinator and risk manager. The charges issued Monday are not related to that work.
According to the criminal complaint, Dietscher used money from the county's insurance carriers to pay for renovation work done on his home, fishing and hunting trips, expensive dinners, and $1,300 worth of tools from 2009 and 2013. He nearly always chose the same restoration contractor, Belfor USA.
At one point, Belfor USA issued a check to Dietcher's Hales Corners-based roofing company for work allegedly done on a county project. Dietscher Roofing did not work on that project, according to the criminal complaint. The money was reportedly used to pay for work done at the home of Dietscher's father in Big Bend. The work cost $2,500.
The incident was listed as the probable cause for Dietscher's arrest in February and is the basis for one of the bribery counts in the complaint.
Dietscher worked for the county from 1986 to March 2014.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- New fixes, expanded collection slated for Hales Corners Public Library
- Pawn shop ordinance would help Hales Corners Police Department identify sale of stolen goods
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Select Hales Corners Library services on hold during carpet project
- Tailgate 'n skate with Santa in Hales Corners
- English language learners and special education students thrive in one mixed Whitnall classroom
- Hales Corners police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Zoo Interchange traffic work update
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate