Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boerner Botanical Garden blooms with brides in summer
- Electrical wires create glass-like mass after storm
- Hales Corners students gain appreciation for older generation with pen-pal program
- Children create replica of Hales Corners village out of LEGOs
- Veterans in Hales Corners want more home-grown name for New Berlin Road
- Police warn woman for misuse of 911 after she says her son threatened her
- Oak Creek man dead after freak accident in parking lot
- Figureheads hip hop group uplifts, inspires local youth
- Tracy Stayton celebrates '34tunate' birthday with global acts of service
- Edgerton fifth-graders write self-published book, "The Day I Became an Animal!"