Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New fixes, expanded collection slated for Hales Corners Public Library
- Pawn shop ordinance would help Hales Corners Police Department identify sale of stolen goods
- English language learners and special education students thrive in one mixed Whitnall classroom
- Lawn Poolice 'entre-manure' starts dog waste removal business
- Hales Corners Elementary students receive surprise care package from Army pen pals
- New fire department staffing increases Hales Corners tax rate
- Board approves funding of Hales Corners Park Pavilion and Pool repair
- Updated: Hales Corners pool stays afloat in county budget
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Sports bar, grill to replace China Inn in Hales Corners