Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Door still open' for Franklin-based firm and vacant Hales Corners Kmart
- Hales Corners Historical Society will have a special program about cemetery tombstones Oct. 7
- Hales Corners will observe trick or treat times on Oct. 31
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Sandra's on the Park puts a modern twist on supper clubs (1)
- Modern Woodmen to host happy hour fundraiser on Oct. 1
- Aligned Modern Wellness's One Year Anniversary on Oct. 2
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue