Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Five places to go to let your dog off the leash this summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee