Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Taxpayer federation to fight against $22 million Whitnall referendum
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- For what it's worth, antique author offers antique insights in advance of Hales Corners visit
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions
- Hales Corners adopts new radio system that offers 'peace of mind'
- Alyson Dudek of Hales Corners will compete on 'The Amazing Race' with boyfriend
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- New Baptist church to use Hales Corners Village Hall for weekly service