Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Update: Tanker truck crash in Hales Corners, Highway 100 closed
- Tax rate could increase in Hales Corners with the drop in assessed value
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 30, 2015 issue
- Public hearing for new TIF district
- West Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project plan moves forward
- Robots and drones at Hales Corners Library
- Hales Corners police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue