Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Festival Foods reveals detailed plans for former Kmart site on Highway 100 in Hales Corners (4)
- Rooftop patio added to proposed expansion of the Bosch
- Hales Corners police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 28, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: Art at Boerner, brain series and more
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Pen and ink drawings going on display in May at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce holding annual banquet April 28