Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alyson Dudek of Hales Corners will compete on 'The Amazing Race' with boyfriend
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- New Baptist church to use Hales Corners Village Hall for weekly service
- Village of Hales Corners may eliminate retired health benefits for new hires
- Temporary ice rink opens in Hales Corners
- Candidates file for spring election in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Year in Review: 2014 marks another year of change for Oak Creek, Hales Corners, Franklin and Greendale
- Wheel and Sprocket offers indoor cycling classes and custom fat-tire bikes
- New fixes, expanded collection slated for Hales Corners Public Library