Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek fire up for the Fourth
- New Hales Corners administrator prefers 'personal touch'
- Hales Corners police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: June 30, 2016 issue
- HCFD raises around $5,000 to donate to Operation Finally Home
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Hales Corners police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator