Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners vies for fruity trees through Victory Garden Initiative
- Festival Foods looks to build at old Kmart location along Highway 100 (11)
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board hopefuls state their views
- Things to Do: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Greendale School District announces names of candidates for superintendent position
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- St. John the Evangelist School to host two open house events
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue