Whitnall’s Kellie Tutkowski won the eight-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival and had plenty of company near the top as the Falcons won the team championship at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20. Tutkowski’s time of 16 minutes, 15 seconds was 2½ seconds better than that of the runner-up.
Dana Steffen placed fourth in 16:30 and was followed by Mary Erickson in seventh (16:47), Jessica Bahling in 12th (17:16) and Sarah Reimer in 15th (17:25).
Whitnall’s team score of 39 was well below that of second-place Milton’s 90.
Tutkowski placed second on her home course and Whitnall finished third in its nine-school invitational at Hales Corners Park Sept. 15.
Tutkowski ran the 4,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 3 seconds. Steffen placed 13th in 16:42 and Erickson finished 14th in 16:42+.
- Hales Corners Library ends summer reading program with comedy, prizes
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Amber Frymark wins Hottest Kitchen Entreprenuer Challenge
- Hales Corners police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Night Out to "promote and preserve prosperous community"
- Websites to get new look, realignment
- Sue Haislmaier's watercolor paintings on display at botanical gardens
- Traveling Beer Gardens coming to Hales Corners Park