It was as easy as one, two, three, as Whitnall placed each of its runners in the top 10 and won the seven-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20.
Grant Seiler placed first in 17 minutes, 16 seconds, Jake Lehmann second in 17:45 and Ethan Monson-Dupuis third in 17:50. Not far behind were Mitch Olson in sixth (18:08) and Jack Kasprzak in ninth (18:14).
Whitnall scored 21 points and had a comfortable margin over second-place Milton, which had all five of its runners in the top 13 and totaled 43 points.
On Sept. 15, Seiler and Lehmann made good use of any home course advantage that might have existed as they finished one-six to help the Falcons place second in their 13-school invitational at Hales Corners Park.
Seiler covered the 5,000-meter course in 16:55, and Lehmann came in at 17:37.
Whitnall had a score of 63. Wisconsin Lutheran won with 30 as each of its runners placed in the top 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Groundbreaking for ice skating facility at Hales Corners Park
- Update: Tanker truck crash in Hales Corners, Highway 100 closed
- Tax rate could increase in Hales Corners with the drop in assessed value
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 30, 2015 issue
- Public hearing for new TIF district
- West Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project plan moves forward
- Robots and drones at Hales Corners Library
- Hales Corners police report: July 23, 2015 issue