It was as easy as one, two, three, as Whitnall placed each of its runners in the top 10 and won the seven-school Waukesha South Cross Country Festival at Minooka Park in Waukesha on Sept. 20.
Grant Seiler placed first in 17 minutes, 16 seconds, Jake Lehmann second in 17:45 and Ethan Monson-Dupuis third in 17:50. Not far behind were Mitch Olson in sixth (18:08) and Jack Kasprzak in ninth (18:14).
Whitnall scored 21 points and had a comfortable margin over second-place Milton, which had all five of its runners in the top 13 and totaled 43 points.
On Sept. 15, Seiler and Lehmann made good use of any home course advantage that might have existed as they finished one-six to help the Falcons place second in their 13-school invitational at Hales Corners Park.
Seiler covered the 5,000-meter course in 16:55, and Lehmann came in at 17:37.
Whitnall had a score of 63. Wisconsin Lutheran won with 30 as each of its runners placed in the top 10.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Festival Foods reveals detailed plans for former Kmart site on Highway 100 in Hales Corners (4)
- Rooftop patio added to proposed expansion of the Bosch
- Hales Corners police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: April 28, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: Art at Boerner, brain series and more
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Pen and ink drawings going on display in May at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce holding annual banquet April 28