The Common Council and the Oak Creek-Franklin School Board will hold a joint meeting to discuss a site for a new city hall and library at 7 p.m. Dec. 19 at the Community Center, 8580 S. Howell Ave.
At the insistence of Mayor Dick Bolender, the meeting will be televised.
The date was set after a lengthy discussion on whether the council should meet with all the interested parties separately, as Alderman Stephen Scaffidi recommended, or as one large group, favored by Bolender, who remarked: "Divide and conquer - that's what that's about."
The mayor also said meeting individually with groups would slow the decision process down. "You're going to drag it out for another six, eight meetings."
In the end, the council voted in favor of a larger meeting, and city staff assured the aldermen that results of a resident survey seeking input on the location of a new civic center would be available before that meeting for their review.
- HCFD raises around $5,000 to donate to Operation Finally Home
- Hales Corners police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Free Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra concert at Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Wounded Warrior now "The Chowventor" (1)
- New Hales Corners administrator prefers 'personal touch'
- Hales Corners Library to host puppet show for summer reading program
- Watercolor paintings of nature on display at Botanical Gardens
- Hales Corners Board selects new administrator
- Rolling road forces bumpy review in Hales Corners
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce social to focus on "Millennial Mind"