The Common Council and the Oak Creek-Franklin School Board will hold a joint meeting to discuss a site for a new city hall and library at 7 p.m. Dec. 19 at the Community Center, 8580 S. Howell Ave.
At the insistence of Mayor Dick Bolender, the meeting will be televised.
The date was set after a lengthy discussion on whether the council should meet with all the interested parties separately, as Alderman Stephen Scaffidi recommended, or as one large group, favored by Bolender, who remarked: "Divide and conquer - that's what that's about."
The mayor also said meeting individually with groups would slow the decision process down. "You're going to drag it out for another six, eight meetings."
In the end, the council voted in favor of a larger meeting, and city staff assured the aldermen that results of a resident survey seeking input on the location of a new civic center would be available before that meeting for their review.
- Sue Haislmaier's watercolor paintings on display at botanical gardens
- Traveling Beer Gardens coming to Hales Corners Park
- Youth soccer program at Hales Corners Library July 28
- Children's musician Duke Otherwise to perform at Hales Corners Library
- Emmanuel Church will hold car show at Augustfest event
- Hales Corners police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Board moves Hwy 100 corridor project, Festival Foods forward
- Innovative Health & Fitness raises record amount for GAB
- Animals to visit Hales Corners Library for "Ms. Kim's Amazing Animals"
- Free cartoon drawing class at Hales Corners Library