Oak Creek - An anonymous caller threatened to kill an employee at Pick 'n Save, 2320 W. Ryan Road, Sunday, while warning that the store would be "shot up," according to an Oak Creek police report.
The report states:
At 2:54 p.m. Nov. 25, an employee received a phone call from an unidentified male who stated: "This is an officer. My boss told me to call you. I'm supposed to tell you that your store is going to get shot up. Listen to my directions, sit in the corner or I will kill you."
After the caller hung up, the employee called her manager, who then called police. Officers searched the store, the parking lot and surrounding business parking lots but did not find anything suspicious.
The manager called the phone number the call had originated from, but no one picked up the phone and there was no answering machine.
The call in this incident is similar to a threatening phone call received at the Bay View Pick 'n Save a day earlier. In the Bay View case, the store received three phone calls that sounded like pranks, but escalated by the third call into threats to shoot up the store. In that case, the store was shut down until 6 a.m. for security reasons.
Store security is working with their information technology department and will follow up with police when they receive more information. In the meantime, an extra police watch was requested at the store.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Update: Tanker truck crash in Hales Corners, Highway 100 closed
- Public hearing for new TIF district
- Hales Corners police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- West Edgerton Avenue reconstruction project plan moves forward
- Tax rate could increase in Hales Corners with the drop in assessed value
- Robots and drones at Hales Corners Library
- Hales Corners police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Tax rate increase in Hales Corners after assessed value drops (1)
- 'Voracious' beetle now threatens Hales Corners' ash trees