Oak Creek - An anonymous caller threatened to kill an employee at Pick 'n Save, 2320 W. Ryan Road, Sunday, while warning that the store would be "shot up," according to an Oak Creek police report.
The report states:
At 2:54 p.m. Nov. 25, an employee received a phone call from an unidentified male who stated: "This is an officer. My boss told me to call you. I'm supposed to tell you that your store is going to get shot up. Listen to my directions, sit in the corner or I will kill you."
After the caller hung up, the employee called her manager, who then called police. Officers searched the store, the parking lot and surrounding business parking lots but did not find anything suspicious.
The manager called the phone number the call had originated from, but no one picked up the phone and there was no answering machine.
The call in this incident is similar to a threatening phone call received at the Bay View Pick 'n Save a day earlier. In the Bay View case, the store received three phone calls that sounded like pranks, but escalated by the third call into threats to shoot up the store. In that case, the store was shut down until 6 a.m. for security reasons.
Store security is working with their information technology department and will follow up with police when they receive more information. In the meantime, an extra police watch was requested at the store.
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Crash closes portion of Highway 100 in Hales Corners May 18
- Jetz Mart car theft attempts in Hales Corners prompt police warning
- Hales Corners temporarily limits boat access to Kelly Lake
- Hales Corners police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Help clean up Hales Corners May 14
- Know Your Muslim Neighbors event being held at Hales Corners Library May 14