Franklin - Police arrested a 51-year-old Racine man in connection with the theft of a tractor-trailer filled with scrap brass Dec. 12, 2011. He was taken into custody in Racine on Dec. 28 after a year-long investigation by the Franklin Police Department culminated in a warrant for his arrest.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man is accused of stealing a tractor-trailer from Dalor Transport, 6005 W. Ryan Road, shortly before 9 a.m. Dec. 12, 2011. The tractor was found abandoned at a Citgo station in Zion, Ill., three days later.
The truck had been hauling a 53-foot enclosed trailer loaded with 42,235 pounds of scrap brass. The trailer and its contents, valued at more than $113,000, were not found.
He was arrested for theft and is being held in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Hales Corners taxes to increase slightly
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Ice rink a reality in Hales Corners
- Rodriguez wins District 21 election
- Skowronski to face Hermes in District 82 battle
- Bearded dragons, other animals found living in squalor removed from Oak Creek home
- Police Report: Nov. 19