Franklin - Police arrested a 51-year-old Racine man in connection with the theft of a tractor-trailer filled with scrap brass Dec. 12, 2011. He was taken into custody in Racine on Dec. 28 after a year-long investigation by the Franklin Police Department culminated in a warrant for his arrest.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man is accused of stealing a tractor-trailer from Dalor Transport, 6005 W. Ryan Road, shortly before 9 a.m. Dec. 12, 2011. The tractor was found abandoned at a Citgo station in Zion, Ill., three days later.
The truck had been hauling a 53-foot enclosed trailer loaded with 42,235 pounds of scrap brass. The trailer and its contents, valued at more than $113,000, were not found.
He was arrested for theft and is being held in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners vies for fruity trees through Victory Garden Initiative
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods looks to build at old Kmart location along Highway 100 (11)
- Hales Corners raises alcohol license quota a second time (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Village officials hope to change road name in 2016