A 25-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for robbing TCF Bank, 8995 S. Howell Ave., Oct. 20.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
The man entered the bank about 11 a.m. wearing dark-rimmed glasses with a fake mustache attached to it, and handed a note to an employee that demanded money from her register. The note also stated not to use a dye pack or he would blow up the bank. The man then handed the employee a white plastic bag, which she filled with an undisclosed amount of money before handing it back to him.
He left the bank and was last seen walking west toward Kohl's.
During the investigation, police got a tip from a security guard at Caterpiller Global Mining in South Milwaukee, who said a man matching the description of the robbery suspect was at their facility that day speaking to another employee. A detective spoke to the employee, who said the man was his roommate. Officers went to the apartment in South Milwaukee and arrested the 25-year-old man.
- Hales Corners police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods proposal advances in Hales Corners with panel's support
- Boerner Botanical Gardens hosting Herb Fair May 28
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Crash closes portion of Highway 100 in Hales Corners May 18
- Jetz Mart car theft attempts in Hales Corners prompt police warning
- Hales Corners temporarily limits boat access to Kelly Lake
- Hales Corners police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Help clean up Hales Corners May 14
- Know Your Muslim Neighbors event being held at Hales Corners Library May 14