A 25-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for robbing TCF Bank, 8995 S. Howell Ave., Oct. 20.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
The man entered the bank about 11 a.m. wearing dark-rimmed glasses with a fake mustache attached to it, and handed a note to an employee that demanded money from her register. The note also stated not to use a dye pack or he would blow up the bank. The man then handed the employee a white plastic bag, which she filled with an undisclosed amount of money before handing it back to him.
He left the bank and was last seen walking west toward Kohl's.
During the investigation, police got a tip from a security guard at Caterpiller Global Mining in South Milwaukee, who said a man matching the description of the robbery suspect was at their facility that day speaking to another employee. A detective spoke to the employee, who said the man was his roommate. Officers went to the apartment in South Milwaukee and arrested the 25-year-old man.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Alyson Dudek ice skating center move forward with donation
- Hales Corners adopts tight 2016 budget of $8.15 million
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce to host social on Nov. 24
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners 2016 proposed budget sees 'nominal increase'
- Legacy Spa & Salon to host networking event on Nov. 7 in Hales Corners
- Homeless sex offender may be in Hales Corners area
- Hales Corners preschool taking steps toward more technology
- Hales Corners police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue