A 25-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for robbing TCF Bank, 8995 S. Howell Ave., Oct. 20.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
The man entered the bank about 11 a.m. wearing dark-rimmed glasses with a fake mustache attached to it, and handed a note to an employee that demanded money from her register. The note also stated not to use a dye pack or he would blow up the bank. The man then handed the employee a white plastic bag, which she filled with an undisclosed amount of money before handing it back to him.
He left the bank and was last seen walking west toward Kohl's.
During the investigation, police got a tip from a security guard at Caterpiller Global Mining in South Milwaukee, who said a man matching the description of the robbery suspect was at their facility that day speaking to another employee. A detective spoke to the employee, who said the man was his roommate. Officers went to the apartment in South Milwaukee and arrested the 25-year-old man.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Door still open' for Franklin-based firm and vacant Hales Corners Kmart
- Hales Corners Historical Society will have a special program about cemetery tombstones Oct. 7
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Hales Corners will observe trick or treat times on Oct. 31
- Aligned Modern Wellness's One Year Anniversary on Oct. 2
- Modern Woodmen to host happy hour fundraiser on Oct. 1
- Sandra's on the Park puts a modern twist on supper clubs (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Hales Corners Chamber of Commerce Social on Sept. 29