The Greendale Police Department successfully negotiated with an armed man inside a home in the 6000 block of Oakwood Lane today.
According to a statement issued by police:
Police were alerted to a domestic dispute between a 42-year-old man, his mother and his mother's boyfriend at 10:42 a.m.
"During the argument, the 42-year-old man armed himself with a pistol and fired into the floor of the residence," it states. "The mother and her boyfriend fled the residence and called police, leaving the 42-year-old man in the residence alone."
Police secured the area and contacted the man by phone.
He surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody about 1 p.m.
No one was injured.
The case will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alyson Dudek of Hales Corners will compete on 'The Amazing Race' with boyfriend
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha
- Owners are reportedly closing Mia Famiglia in Hales Corners to a open new restaurant in Waukesha
- Alyson Dudek of Hales Corners will compete on "The Amazing Race" with boyfriend
- New Baptist church to use Hales Corners Village Hall for weekly service
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- Village of Hales Corners may eliminate retired health benefits for new hires
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue