The Greendale Police Department successfully negotiated with an armed man inside a home in the 6000 block of Oakwood Lane today.
According to a statement issued by police:
Police were alerted to a domestic dispute between a 42-year-old man, his mother and his mother's boyfriend at 10:42 a.m.
"During the argument, the 42-year-old man armed himself with a pistol and fired into the floor of the residence," it states. "The mother and her boyfriend fled the residence and called police, leaving the 42-year-old man in the residence alone."
Police secured the area and contacted the man by phone.
He surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody about 1 p.m.
No one was injured.
The case will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners vies for fruity trees through Victory Garden Initiative
- Hales Corners police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Festival Foods looks to build at old Kmart location along Highway 100 (11)
- Hales Corners raises alcohol license quota a second time (1)
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Hales Corners police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue
- Village officials hope to change road name in 2016
- Rosecrance opens outpatient clinic in Hales Corners