The Greendale Police Department successfully negotiated with an armed man inside a home in the 6000 block of Oakwood Lane today.
According to a statement issued by police:
Police were alerted to a domestic dispute between a 42-year-old man, his mother and his mother's boyfriend at 10:42 a.m.
"During the argument, the 42-year-old man armed himself with a pistol and fired into the floor of the residence," it states. "The mother and her boyfriend fled the residence and called police, leaving the 42-year-old man in the residence alone."
Police secured the area and contacted the man by phone.
He surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody about 1 p.m.
No one was injured.
The case will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
- Hales Corners Library ends summer reading program with comedy, prizes
- Hales Corners Night Out to "promote and preserve prosperous community"
- Hales Corners police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Amber Frymark wins Hottest Kitchen Entreprenuer Challenge
- Sue Haislmaier's watercolor paintings on display at botanical gardens
- Traveling Beer Gardens coming to Hales Corners Park
- Youth soccer program at Hales Corners Library July 28
- Children's musician Duke Otherwise to perform at Hales Corners Library
- Emmanuel Church will hold car show at Augustfest event
- Hales Corners police report: July 21, 2016 issue